Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone with 3 1/2 yo not in preschool yet?

DS turns 4 at the end of August. The plan was to begin preschool once he turn 4 then if he needs another year before starting kindergarten then so be it.  (He's currently watched during the day by my mom and MIL while DH and I work.)  I'm a little lost as he's our first, so I don't know much about the whole preschool thing.  Our second is due in the beginning of October so it will be a busy time! Do preschools generally "start" in the fall or are there enrollment times throughout the year? Thanks so much ladies!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: Anyone with 3 1/2 yo not in preschool yet?

• imagefredalina:
    They tend to start in fall. Look into preschools and also look up "preK" which is theoretically a special year for kindergarten preparedness.

Oh thank you! I remember your name from when I was TTC and then Pg with DS! I used to be NewlyEngaged. Hope you and your family are doing well! 

Lilypie - (dLe1)

Lilypie - (AW2u)

• The preschool programs around here start in the fall and run on the same calendar as the school year. Some places offer summer programs also.

We have public 4K here. Enrollment was in January for that. Our district cutoff is September 1.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • DS started preK this past fall. He had turned four in June. I didn't see a need for two years of preschool. We work on a lot of things at home. His PreK year is more of an introduction to school, the space, being away from home.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS will start preschool and turn 4 about 2 weeks after school starts (Sept 13th).  I will let him have 2 years of preschool still then Kindergarden. 

Most start in the fall, but some will take 3 year old through the year.  Which I think is odd though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd like to thank you all for your suggestions and experiences!  I appreciate them all!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

Lilypie - (AW2u)

• It depends on the type of preschool you go to. My daughter goes to a national chain place and kids are enrolled whenever they have space.  However, these are places that open earlier and stay open later for working parents.

There are tons of other places that are strictly preschools and they do go on the fall start schedule and don't have flexible hours for working parents.   

image @wa_tracy image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Preschools in our area tend to follow the local school calendars.  However, they all do registration for the next year now.  For example, I registered my daughter 2 weeks ago for next year.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"