Single Parents
Options

Intro and Questions

Hi All,

I used to lurk quite often on this board, and have posted for about 2 years on various other boards. The counter will show this as my first post because I've created an account specifically to post on the SP board. My husband does not yet know of my plans for divorce, and hopefully will not know until I have all my ducks in a row, as it were.

I am currently a SAHM to an amazing 15 month old boy. He is funny, sweet, smart, and my whole heart. I've been married to his dad for about four years, and while he is a hard-working, loyal man- he has no control over his temper. When it was just me, I would make excuses for his moods and behaviors, like "well, he throws and breaks things, but he's stressed out," or "he's never hit me, so it's not abuse."

I've come to see, through counseling and opening my own eyes, that even if he were committed to change and self-control, possibly through counseling (which I have begged for, to no avail), I don't want whatever we might salvage, and I don't want my son exposed to his anger as the change (potentially) slowly comes.

I've spoken to a lawyer, and she has advised me to gather any and all important documents and papers and have copies made, so that I might pass them on to her. She gave me a basic list, but I'm wondering if anyone could help me by telling me which papers they think are important. I will settle for nothing less than full custody, though I feel (currently) that my husband should be allowed access to his son in a supervised environment, be that with my in-laws or some other acceptable party.

Okay, this is getting quite long, and DS won't nap forever. Thank you in advance for ANY advice you might offer, papers or otherwise..:o)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and Questions

• Options

Also, my lawyer told me to try to document any abuse- my husband is very talented at verbal, mental, and emotional, though he hasn't hit me. I'm told audio recording isn't admissible, but video is. He caught me trying to record him yesterday because the camera makes a "beep" to indicate it is on, and I played it off by saying I was messing with the text alerts on my phone.

Does anyone have any experience or advice on getting documentation? I've started a hand-written journal, but would love video somehow. My lawyer also said I could call witnesses, but of course he is sweet as pie when anyone is around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"