Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Question about what to do...

I would like some imput from maybe some dads who have gone through something like this. So heres the deal... Me and dh have been TTC since dec 2012 ( yes i know not very long)  well the first month everything went great but since then things have been going down hill. I'm not sure if its the stress or if hes scared or nervous about it all. Hes been a jerk towards me a lot lately and says negative comments towards me when i get excited about new things ive learned or things id like to try to help TTC. maybe hes not mature enough i have no clue. The way he makes me feel, makes me wanna go back on my pills and never try again. I've tried to sit down with him and figure out what the deal was but he either just shuts up completely or turns it into an argument like its my fault.  Should i just back off and let him be and see how things work out? or should i try to talk to him? A lil backround He is 23 works full time for his dad. I'm 22, i work full time and go to school full time online. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome :)

Re: Question about what to do...

• Options

At 23, maturity could be an issue.  It isn't for all men, but it is for some.  You have to figure most 23 year olds would just be leaving college and still have that partying mentality in them.  This could be that he isn't ready to try and be a dad and wants to "stay young" for a while longer.  Right now, you sound like you have your hands full with school and work, and he's working too. 

I'd let it go for a little while.  If you are only 22, unless premature menopause is an issue your family experiences, you have 13 years before you really increase the risk much.  If you take a 6 month break, maybe it'll be better.

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

At 23, maturity could be an issue.  It isn't for all men, but it is for some.  You have to figure most 23 year olds would just be leaving college and still have that partying mentality in them.  This could be that he isn't ready to try and be a dad and wants to "stay young" for a while longer.  Right now, you sound like you have your hands full with school and work, and he's working too. 

I'd let it go for a little while.  If you are only 22, unless premature menopause is an issue your family experiences, you have 13 years before you really increase the risk much.  If you take a 6 month break, maybe it'll be better.

This

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You've been trying for two months? Stay away from TTGP!

My main suggestion is don't stress out about it yet. Just have lots of hot, married, unprotected sex. Make it about intimacy and pleasure and not about conception. Give him sexual attention even when you're not at peak fertility. "I want you so bad" is a lot more romantic than "I'm ovulating so we need to have sex".

Honestly, you shouldn't even be trying different things until you've been trying for six months, especially if you just came of hormonal BC in December. At this point, "Get lots of semen in yorur vagina" is really the main goal.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"