Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Help!

My 4-year old knows how to pee in the potty, and does it very well. I never have trouble getting him to remember to do that. Number 2 on the other hand is a different story. For some reason, I cannot get him to poo on the potty. He will go and sit on the potty, but won't actually try. I'm concerned that this problem won't work itself out. I've been working with him for a long time with it, and it seems like nothing works. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix the trouble?

Re: Help!

• Options
    I would offer a stool softener and look for signs when he's ready to go. Then sit him on the potty so he will get over the fear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How long has he been potty trained? It took my oldest a year to figure it out. He just waited till he was in his training pant at bed time.

I don't recommend a stool softener unless he is constipated. But if you are concerned talk to his pediatrician.

My youngest took about 6 months to get it and consistently make it to the bathroom.

Honestly, lots of patience!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's been potty trained to pee since right before he turned 3. I don't know that he needs a stool softener because he drinks apple juice and it runs right through him for a few days. I'm not sure if his problem is medical or stubbornness. We've tried having him sit on the potty every 15 minutes or so to try and get comfortable with it, and he does try, but he always ends up pooping his underwear during the in between times.
  • Options
    When DD did this, I gave her a little flax oil each day to help get her regular (I mixed it in with her yogurt, it doesn't have a strong taste). I also gave her a lollipop each time she pooped on the potty, which helped b/c it was an immediate reward that she didn't usually get and really looked forward to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"