Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Non-flame resistant pajamas

Can anyone recommend warm, non-flame resistant pajamas or sleep sacks? All of the fleece ones are flame-resistant, and the tight fitting cotton ones don't seem to be warm enough since LO kicks her blankets off. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Non-flame resistant pajamas

• Options

Why would you want non-flame resistant ones? To avoid the chemicals in them.

I would just use street clothes for bed... mainly because my daughter always does.  The fleece pants you get for regular wear are not treated.

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was thinking you could probably look for some wool footies, and then I googled and found these: https://www.urthchild.com/engel-woolens-engel-organic-wool-footie-organic-wool-sleeper-organic-wool-romper-organic-wool-footed.html

Pretty expensive, but so cute!  

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's regulated by the CPSC and required for any sleepwear from size 9mo up. Unless you make them/get them made or buy them from another country, children's pjs have to meet certain requirements in the US:

https://www.cpsc.gov/PageFiles/103092/regsumsleepwear.pdf

Basically, if they are loose they have to be flame retardant. If they are tight, they don't.

Maybe try looking for the sleep sacks/wearable blankets that have foot holes?

• Options

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hanna andersson pjs and grobag sleep sacsDid you know flame retardant in pjs and furniture is due largely to the cigarette lobby?
  • Options
    I will check out Hanna Anderson, thanks! I am so frustrated and disgusted by those regulations. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Polyester is flame resistant by itself, so they don't spray chemicals on it. I get polyester fleece for the winter and tight fitting cotton for warmer weather.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemmes:
    I will check out Hanna Anderson, thanks! I am so frustrated and disgusted by those regulations.nbsp;

We use the zip one pieces, cute and comfy. They are a little more pricey than some stores but they wash so so well and last forever! And I once had one pair that had a problem with the zipper after a while and they gave me a full refund.

I swear I'm not a conspiracy theorist about the flame retardant

https://my.chicagotribune.com/section/1/article/p2p69769906/
  • Options

we use cotton pjs and this organic sleepsack by urthchild.  I LOVE the sleepsack, it is pricey but she spends 14 hours a day in it so well worth it.  it is very soft and warm.  i have tried lots of other sleepsacks and this is my favorite.  

https://www.urthchild.com/castleware-organic-sleeping-bag-organic-cotton-sleepsack-long-sleeve.html 

DD born 7/1/11 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't have any pajamas or sleep sacks that have flame retardants. I just look at the tag when I buy them. If they don't have them, they will say something like "not flame retardant." I forgot what brands I use, but I do know that Carters usually do have them, and I believe Gymboree doesn't. 

If you have a hard time finding them, just use non-PJ type clothes like sweat pants.

You could also try organic clothing.  

• Options
    imagemeg1974:

I don't have any pajamas or sleep sacks that have flame retardants. I just look at the tag when I buy them. If they don't have them, they will say something like "not flame retardant." I forgot what brands I use, but I do know that Carters usually do have them, and I believe Gymboree doesn't. 

If you have a hard time finding them, just use non-PJ type clothes like sweat pants.

You could also try organic clothing.  

.      This :)
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic