Two Under 2
Options

easy baby, difficult toddler

Is there a saying that an easy baby is a difficult toddler and vice versa?  Should there be?  Tell me this is true.  If it's not -- go away!  Ha ha.  I'm kidding.  But the whining and crying are driving me crazy.  I'm not even going to talk about his food issues.  That is #1 on my want-to-scream list.

DS1 was easy baby, aside from having to put him on Neocate formula.  His 2nd year has been difficult (it's probably not *much* out of the ordinary, but I'm a quite impatient person).  He turns 2 in 5 days.  DS2 has been a more difficult baby.  Not really bad by any means, but more difficult, and now there are 2 kids, so everything is harder.  He turns 6 months in 4 days.  It doesn't help that I'm pumping, which I despise, and on a dairy-free, soy-free diet, because he has the same issue that DS1 had.

Re: easy baby, difficult toddler

• Options

DS was an easy baby and is a total PITA toddler, but no more that any other toddler his age. All his friends are the same. 

I have heard though that a difficult toddler is an easier teenager which is great news. That's MILs idea. My DH was an easy toddler and a sh!t as a teenager and his younger brother was a pain as a toddler and an easy teenager.

All anecdotal though, who really knows :) 

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

LOL.  I haven't even thought ahead to teenage years!  DS1 is probably not any more difficult than the average toddler outside the area of food.  Another thing that's weird to me (though probably normal) is that he can be so annoying one second, in the middle of a tantrum, and then so sweet the next.  It's like it never happened.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegreyt00:

LOL.  I haven't even thought ahead to teenage years!  DS1 is probably not any more difficult than the average toddler outside the area of food.  Another thing that's weird to me (though probably normal) is that he can be so annoying one second, in the middle of a tantrum, and then so sweet the next.  It's like it never happened.

I could have written this myself!

Fortunately, DS2 is pretty easy so I should consider myself lucky (for now)!!

And the food issues with the toddler? Forget it! TERRIBLE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"