Pre-School and Daycare

NBR- Meals for vacation rental

We are going to Hawaii in 2 weeks with my sister, BIL, and their children.  We will have a 2 bedroom place with a full kitchen.  I am hoping someone has some meal ideas that we can make that are easy (not too complicated or time consuming) yet not just hot dogs and hamburgers.  While we will go out to dinner a couple times we plan to cook at least 4 nights.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR- Meals for vacation rental

• Pasta and tacos are good quick meals.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Have fun!! I am jealous!!! Salads and fruits. Grilled cheese. Pasta dishes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Seafood is cheap there in the grocery but beef is not.  Not sure about chicken but we do timeshare vacations and one meal I always do is BBQ chicken. 

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a baking dish (covered or not) topped with a bottle of BBQ sauce in the over for an hour served with corn or whatever looked good at the grocery. Super easy but smells really good.

If scallops are cheap you can pan fry some with snow peas or some other veg in butter and garlic.  Cook noodles then toss noodles into pan with scallops and serve. Could serve with garlic bread too fill out the meal.

Salad from the grocery salad bar (or buy simple ingredients) with a couple cans of soup and grill cheese.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We stayed in a villa on Maui last year. We did breakfasts and most dinners in the villa, and cooked much the same way as we did at home. Lots of fish, grilled vegetables, etc. As long as you stick with recipes you already know, they won't be complicated or time consuming. Be prepared for a higher cost of foods on the island. It wasn't quite as bad as I had been reading about, but there were a few things like milk that had a big sticker shock.

One other thing we did was put commonly used spices in zip loc baggies and packed them in our suitcase. That saved us from packing the entire bottles, and also from having to purchase them all over there. We also shipped a box with foods that wouldn't perish like crackers, lara bars, etc.

Hawaii
  • imagesmilejenn:

One other thing we did was put commonly used spices in zip loc baggies and packed them in our suitcase. That saved us from packing the entire bottles, and also from having to purchase them all over there. We also shipped a box with foods that wouldn't perish like crackers, lara bars, etc.

I was thinking about doing that so we don't have to buy them but can still have some flavor! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"