May 2013 Moms
Options

Cheap Frames

I have fallen in love with a couple different poster prints for the nursery and want to get one of them. The problem is they are a large, odd size. To get the frame through the same place as the print is an extra $160, which I refuse to spend on wall decor. Does anyone have any suggestions for stores or websites to check for frames? For reference, the print is 39.5x19.5.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cheap Frames

• Options
    I get all my frames from thrift stores then paint them whatever color. They are so much cheaper and they have a ton of different sizes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I don't know if you have a Michaels or AC Moore near you but I have always had success there finding odd sizes.

Or even IKEA. They have poster frames and aren't too expensive. Their sizing is a little weird, but it may still work for you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageluckylauren14:

I don't know if you have a Michaels or AC Moore near you but I have always had success there finding odd sizes.

Or even IKEA. They have poster frames and aren't too expensive. Their sizing is a little weird, but it may still work for you. 

I always forget about AC Moore!

• Options

Huh...that is an odd size!  If you really don't care what it looks like (i.e. one step above using thumbtacks), I'm a fan of poster frames.  They're cheap, easy, and lightweight.  The walls of my old apartment were terrible, so I went crazy one weekend and put up a LOT of stuff framed with poster frames from Wal-Mart.  I'm clearly not an interior designer, because the way I see it, if the thing inside the frame is cool enough, it shouldn't matter what it's framed with.

Unfortunately, most standard poster frames will capture your short edge, but not your long edge.  A quick search on walmart.com came up with this "Mainstays Trendsetter 27x40 Black Collage Poster Frame." You can remove the collage mat and frame "your favorite 27x40 movie poster"...so maybe you do some searches on movie poster frames? The upside: it's $19.97. The downside:  you'll have a lot of space on two sides of the print, and no space on the other two sides.

Creative matting, perhaps?

Here's the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Trendsetter-27-x-40-Black-Collage-Poster-Frame/14962484?findingMethod=rr

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I second AC Moore. And check online. You can get a 50% off coupon.  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagetricia560:
    The bigger Joann's stores do custom framing, and usually have 50% off coupons in every flyer; also sometimes in newspapers.  I've had several cross stitch pieces framed through them.
    I forget about Joann's too!
  • Options
    You could also do a totally clear front/back frame and have your prints floating. Depends on how you feel about the edges of the prints.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

Search Pinterest for alternative ideas? You might find something you like better than framing.

ETA: I just found these https://orkposters.com/modestmagnets.html 

• Options
    Thanks for all the help ladies. May mommas are the best!
  • Options
    I don't know if its the same everywhere, but every Sunday in out news paper, Michaels puts out a coupon for 50% off any 1 item and 50 % of custom framing. I've never really looked at the framing prices but its a good coupon!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If you have anybody handy you can get moulding at home depot and tack and glue it...

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"