January 2011 Moms

Lunch Ideas

Hey everyone, Could you please give me ideas for lunch? I'm not very creative with food ideas. What do you guys give your 2 year olds (Cuz I know some of you have new babies)? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lunch Ideas

• Yo Baby yogurt (every.single.day) with either:

Granola bar

Peanut butter toast

Cheerios or Fruit Loops

or

Ritz peanut butter crackers

On occasion he'll have a 1/2 of grilled cheese

#1. Boring #2. probably not enough food #3. I wish I could get him to eat other things

Oh, and he usually has a banana as a morning snack about 1 - 1.5 hours before lunch 

• - Quesadillas (sometimes I add mushrooms or chicken)

- Deli meat, turkey or roast beef, they sell reduced sodium kind

- Turkey dogs

- Barilla veggie pasta. She'll eat it cold or with pesto or mushroom alfredo sauce

- Leftovers

- She's obsessed with fruit so: bananas, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, nectarines... whatever is in season or on sale

When all else fails I'll give her one of those pouches. I only buy kinds that include veggies since she eats fruits no problem.

• Loading the player...
  • Barbie's Tuna Salad is a good one...

• 1 (10 ounce) can white tuna, drained and flaked

• 6 tablespoons mayonnaise

• 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

• 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

• 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes

• 1/4 teaspoon curry powder

1 tablespoon dried parsley

• 1 teaspoon dried dill weed

• 1 pinch garlic powder

I got the recipe off allrecipes.com, but the original says 7oz tuna, but I like mine with a little more meat and a little less dressing.

She does well with tomato soup, chicken gumbo soup- both campbells; macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, ham and cheese sandwiches, pb and j; anything with chicken she likes. I also put fruit on her plate and for vegetable's she looks at them and tries to feed them to the dog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Makenzie would live on cottage cheese, yogurt & milk!  She can be pretty picky. 

For lunch we usually have hotdog, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, english muffin pizza, mac & cheese, rice, or sometimes leftovers.  I'll serve a fruit or veggie too but she usually won't eat it.  As you can see our lunches are pretty boring!

• Patrick eats everything; his favorites are broccoli, brussel sprouts, and carrots.  I usually do leftovers for lunch or if we don't have any make a sandwich and mac-n-cheese.
  • Thanks for the ideas! I'm not much of a cook, my husband is a chef so he does the cooking all of the time, but most of the time he is at work, so that leaves it up to me to be creative with food, LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"