New to The Bump
Options

Hoping to be blessed...

Hello.

I'm relatively new to this site. I'll be honest, I had no intentions or desire to ever post on a community board, but this morning I guess I feel a little pull to do so. I posted on the TTGP board first, but think this may be a better place. Hopefully this is the correct board. 

I'm a wife (8yrs) and SAHM of 2 (6 &3). After my son DH and I decided we were done for a while. At least that's what I thought. Not long after realized that DH was done having children all together.  2 was good enough for him.

But, here I am feeling incomplete. Not that my children aren't enough for me, but just feeling unfinished. The funny thing about it is that as the feelings of wanting another child began to rise in me about a year ago, I received a word from the Lord. I would have another child. 

This is where my journey began. And where my nerves began to go a little crazy. Was I ready, were we ready, can we afford it?! And then of course there was getting my DH to take hold of and embrace this same word that was given me. Well, that was a challenge. But, you can say he finally softened. 

After 3 years of having a Mirena IUD, he agreed that I could remove it in April. But of course I needed to have another method of birth control. I guess he hadn't fully embraced it just yet. So we agreed on a diaphragm. I made a full disclosure statement that we were waiting on the bc to be delivered to the pharmacy. So there was a possibility of pregnancy while we waited. DH said what ever happens happens. And there was his moment of embrace. Needless to say 2 months later the diaphragm is still at the pharmacy.

It's not been 3 months of no birth control of any kind. Again, I will admit my heart is a little sad. I was one who if breathed on would be instantly preggers. LOL! But it has been 3 months and no baby. I'm doing my very best to hold on to what the Lord said to me. I'm also doing my very best to keep before me that it's all in His timing, not mine. 

So now that I've unintentionally written ALL of this, I basically just wanted to say I'm in the middle of my "O" week. Hopefully the Lord will see fit to bless us this time around. 

Miracles & Blessings,

Just Me...

Miracles & Blessings, Just Me... www.simplycomplicatedthatsjustme.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hoping to be blessed...

• Options
    I totally get the nerves and financial thing. We are going to ttc for #2 soon and I'm scared financially about this one, but I know it will work out. It took us 7 months to get pregnant with LO and I was getting upset too, because I was impatient. But I heard that all healthy couples usually conceive within a year and it's mostly true from everyone I have talked to. Good luck and try not to stress because that could interfere with your chances!
  • Options

imageJunkeroo2:
    I totally get the nerves and financial thing. We are going to ttc for #2 soon and I'm scared financially about this one, but I know it will work out. It took us 7 months to get pregnant with LO and I was getting upset too, because I was impatient. But I heard that all healthy couples usually conceive within a year and it's mostly true from everyone I have talked to. Good luck and try not to stress because that could interfere with your chances!

Thanks for the comment. I am doing my best to go with the flow. But I get these phantom symptoms that throw me for a loop. So I've been trying to ignore them and find that once AF shows up I am a bit disappointed. 

I can't help but wonder though if the length of time I was on the IUD has any effect on the length of time it's taken for me to get pregnant this time around. With DD (my first child), I went on oral bc and was pregnant within maybe a month! I think it was about the same for DS (#2). As soon as we decided DD needed a sibling we were pregnant. 

I think I'm just in unfamiliar territory so it makes me a bit curious. I wish you well on your journey as well.

Miracles & Blessings, Just Me... www.simplycomplicatedthatsjustme.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome! I'm new here too. :)

Good luck on trying to conceive. Just make sure that you are both ready for that 3rd child! Nothing worse than being excited by a new baby and your partner not agreeing. 

And yeah, I wouldn't worry at three months. Just keep having fun with the trying and try not to get stressed.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome!

I will pray for you that God will ease your worry and that you will have peace in His Timing! 

Blessing,

Abbey 

• Options
    Welcome to the boards!
  • Options

After months of TTC. I think we've been blessed!!!! I am doing my very best not to get ahead of myself. But, AF is 2-3 days late.

I'm trying my very best not to test just yet. I want my body to tell me the answer. then I'll test just to be sure. 

DH asked me 2 days ago whether or not I was "out of commission for a few days." To which I replied, "No." He jokingly told DS3 that he'd have to sleep in the room with him from now on. LOL!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted as things progress!

Miracles & Blessings,

Just Me...

• Options
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"