Postpartum Depression

PPD and csections

something just occurred to me this morning. Do you think the chances are higher for PPD after an unplanned and unwanted csection with some complications afterwards ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PPD and csections

• I just knew I was going to have to have a c-section despite the fact that I didn't want to but I had a hunch that would be how things would work out.  I also had a few minor complications afterwards as well.  At nearly 4 months pp, I am still dealing with PPD/PPA and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.  I am miserable, and still feel no connection with LO.  I am wondering the same thing as you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • well, looking back I felt like deep deep down I had a feeling it would end with a CS.  I had to push for over 2 hours, finally had a csection. Then afterwards had post partum pre eclampsia... swollen legs really bad, high blood pressure, leaking incision. I only started to address or become aware of my feelings at about the 6 month mark. I'm 10.5 now.  I'm going to see the doctor at the end of the month, but it seems like its been building and building.  Irritableness, highs lows, no patience, anxiety... so we'll see.   Maybe it was a contributing factor since I can't seem to let it go and the day still plays over and over.
  • Loading the player...
  • Stats say yes...you are at a higher chance.
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Unplanned C-section and PPD/A here.  DS is almost 6 months old.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I had ppd/PTSD when I had dd.  I just vbaced and I am doing sooooo much better mentally and emotionally than I did when I had my daughter.
  • imageholly321:
    I had ppd/PTSD when I had dd. nbsp;I just vbaced and I am doing sooooo much better mentally and emotionally than I did when I had my daughter.

Really? What types of feelings did you have. I'm 11 mos pp and am having a very hard time with going back to work. I'm worrying and panicking over everything
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"