Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

All of a sudden fighting sleep?!

Ds is a pretty content baby who is usually put down drowsy and falls asleep. Lately during the day for naps he is fighting sleep so hard when I try to put him down Or even rock him a bit to drowsy state...he fussed and cries. I have ended up putting him in the swing to nap the past few days...he even is fighting to go down for the night and I know he is exhausted. I try to put him down about 1.5 hours after he is up...he is pretty easy to read...no idea what is up. Any ideas or advice?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: All of a sudden fighting sleep?!

• Options
    No advice here, but my super good sleeper is doing the same thing. :(  No idea what is up, but he will not sleep like he used to.  Makes me sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This started for us right at the 4 month mark and was pretty intense for 3 weeks.   We're in the 4th week now and it's getting better but we're not close to being back to the happy, easy, napper that he used to be!!

We literally have had him napping in the car seat, in the stroller, for EVERY nap for 3 weeks... it was the ONLY thing that would work!! 

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the same problem! She fights naps so much she just screams until she finally falls asleep. It was just naps, but now she's doing it at bedtime, too. It doesn't matter if we stick to her usual routine or not, nothing works except holding her while she screams until she finally drifts off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks guys...it is nice to know I am not alone! Hopefully they stop this soon for all of us:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Prior to this wakefulness did any of you do sleep training? Where you let them learn the art of self soothing? We haven't gone through this yet and I'm just waiting for it. But right now we are sleep training. Where our LO is learning to put himself to sleep. It's hard but I let my LO CIO for 15 minutes before I go and check on him and usually he puts himself to sleep after 10-15 minutes of crying - we haven't ever had to check on him yet .... thankfully. I did discover prior to doing this and every time he would cry and we would check on him - it made it worse. He would cry harder after seeing us. False hope. 
  • Options
    imagecolemangal85:
    Prior to this wakefulness did any of you do sleep training? Where you let them learn the art of self soothing? We haven't gone through this yet and I'm just waiting for it. But right now we are sleep training. Where our LO is learning to put himself to sleep. It's hard but I let my LO CIO for 15 minutes before I go and check on him and usually he puts himself to sleep after 10-15 minutes of crying - we haven't ever had to check on him yet .... thankfully. I did discover prior to doing this and every time he would cry and we would check on him - it made it worse. He would cry harder after seeing us. False hope. 
    I haven't done any sleep training yet, and am hoping I won't have to...but if need be we will do Ferber around 5 or 6 ish months like we did with my older son. Ds has always been pretty good about going down drowsy but awake so this was weird that he was fighting so hard...we will see...hopefully a phase!
  • Options
    My advice is don't break down and resort to the swing.  I know it's hard, but you have to keep trying the crib or PNP over and over until it works.  We broke down & let him nap in the swing and then it was torture breaking that habit.
  • Options
    I wonder if it could be the 4 month wakeful starting a tad early?
    image"">image"">imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"