C-sections

C section scar and stretch marks

after the birth of my 1st son two years ago (normal birth) not stretch marks, 2nd son 6 weeks ago had to have an emergency c section i am covered in stretch marks and a huge scar!! Up until today my 2nd son and I were like glued at the hip and now with the bad news from the doctor that the scar won't fade (i'm 40 years old) and the stretch marks (look like a road map) will proabably stay the same way, I'm disappointed, let down, sad and utterly unhappy. With my 1st son (normal birth) I couldn't have cared less for him until he was about 6 months old ( i was 37 and didn't want kids and was told I couldn't have them) I grew to love him but after today's news of how what kind of shape my body is in, well I am mad at him all over again and I want nothing to do with either one of my son's!! even my 2nd son which I loved more than life itself til this afternoon at post baby 6 week check up. My husband might as well be on the HATE list, I want to divorce him cause I just feel like he is a jerk that doesn't understand what its like to go from a size 4 weighing 115lbs to like two ton sally!! I have done great with getting off 47 lbs but I have so much more to go but that isn't going to help the c section scar or the stretch marks. Just confused and ready to run away from all three of them.

Re: C section scar and stretch marks

• 1) If you didn't discuss PPD with your doctor, I suggest you make another appoint. It is NOT RATIONAL to be angry with an infant for the shape of your body. I'm sure it's your hormones talking but I think you need a referral to talk to someone and perhaps some happy pills for the moment.

2) c-sections aren't abnormal births so stop calling vaginal births "normal"

3) Please go see your doctor. For your health, the happiness of your marriage and family, and for the sake of your poor children.

4) There are procedures these days if you really can't stand your body. But I think once you work on your mental health, you'll realize that this is not such a big deal.

5) If you really don't want your kids...like truly don't want them...it is not too late to place either of them for adoption. Just saying.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks I appreciate the advice, I use Normal (as an old school term for vaginal) which is how I had my 1st son. I have asked my husband to leave and take the kids with him for the weekend. I work in a doctors office and until today's visit with my OB I was so in love with my boys but, the fact that my husband is 10 years younger than me and I don't think he understands makes me resent him and yes if I don't get my xanax refilled then I would prefer a divorce and for him to take the boys, they deserve better than my mid life crisis about my body. I was single and child~less for 37 years of my life. And for that fact was VERY VERY happy with my life. It was an accident I got pregnant the 1st time, I was told I could never have children. So my husband and I got married after a few weeks/a month of dating. so it was all really quick. Its just been a HUGE adjustment to my life and now all the body and hormone changes are more than I want to deal with. I am not trying to be 25 forever cause clearly I am 40 years old and a pretty new mommy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to ditto pp. Hating your children because of stretch marks is not normal. Please see someone regarding ppd.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageXcrisscrossX:

1) If you didn't discuss PPD with your doctor, I suggest you make another appoint. It is NOT RATIONAL to be angry with an infant for the shape of your body. I'm sure it's your hormones talking but I think you need a referral to talk to someone and perhaps some happy pills for the moment.

2) c-sections aren't abnormal births so stop calling vaginal births "normal"

3) Please go see your doctor. For your health, the happiness of your marriage and family, and for the sake of your poor children.

4) There are procedures these days if you really can't stand your body. But I think once you work on your mental health, you'll realize that this is not such a big deal.

5) If you really don't want your kids...like truly don't want them...it is not too late to place either of them for adoption. Just saying.

Everything that was said here..Do I dislike my body because it's full of strech marks? Yes! But I also look at that scar and those strech marks on my body and they remind me of what a miracle of life I had created. I don't blame her for my strech marks or my body. It is what it is and it does take time to get back to what it was before her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • You sound like you have serious post partum depression and anxiety.  Please talk to your doctor and/or a therapist about your feelings.  I understand wanting to run away and ignore the chaos that a newborn brings to your life, but feelings of hate seem extreme and warrant some help.

Does your husband know how you feel?  Can he help you find the outlets and help you need?

I hope the best for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First, I call MUD.

Second, there's no such thing as a birth that ISN'T normal unless your son was removed from your anus by a unicorn. 

Third, you really need to see someone for PPD like others have suggested, although if this *** is real you were probably crazy long before your pregnancy.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

Second, there's no such thing as a birth that ISN'T normal unless your son was removed from your anus by a unicorn. 

Third, you really need to see someone for PPD like others have suggested, although if this *** is real you were probably crazy long before your pregnancy.

I like you.
    imageimageimage

• imageemlarson12:
    imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

I like you.

Best answer! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagealizabethanne:
    imageemlarson12:
    imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

I like you.

Best answer! 

Aw, shucks guise.

• imageVenus04d:
    imagealizabethanne:
    imageemlarson12:
    imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

I like you.

Best answer! 

Aw, shucks guise.

hahahaha Agreed!!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

ILY! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

Rude.  My DD was removed from my anus by a centaur, and it was the most beautiful day of my life.  Who are you to call her birth abnormal?

Confused 

• imageoverture:
    imageVenus04d:

First, I call MUD.

Rude.  My DD was removed from my anus by a centaur, and it was the most beautiful day of my life.  Who are you to call her birth abnormal?

Confused 

/dead 

I for real LOL'd so hard.

• imageXcrisscrossX:
    1 If you didn't discuss PPD with your doctor, I suggest you make another appoint. It is NOT RATIONAL to be angry with an infant for the shape of your body. I'm sure it's your hormones talking but I think you need a referral to talk to someone and perhaps some happy pills for the moment.2 csections aren't abnormal births so stop calling vaginal births "normal" 3 Please go see your doctor. For your health, the happiness of your marriage and family, and for the sake of your poor children.4 There are procedures these days if you really can't stand your body. But I think once you work on your mental health, you'll realize that this is not such a big deal.5 If you really don't want your kids...like truly don't want them...it is not too late to place either of them for adoption. Just saying.

This seems like MUD, but if it isn't, please listen to PP. Yikes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Huh what huh? If this isnt MUD yes please seek serious medical help. I understand PPD and anxiety but I guess I am having trouble wrapping my brain hating your kids over your new body.......maybe I missed it in your post but then why in the heeelllllll did you have a 2nd baby? Like other posters said, there are procedures to correct that, butnhow about some dieting and excersise? And I am actually insulted by your use of the term "normal" birth for vaginal. And it isnt oldschool......people have had csections years ago, just not as much as now. Csections ARE normal births for some of us, hence being on this board. 
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • MUD,

If it is true you need serious help my friend. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"