New York Babies
Options

OB in NYC - how to find a doctor and a hospital to deliver

i just recently moved to a new insurance carrier and need to find an ob. i went for a check up with a dr. i dont plan on staying with but now i ?just found out that i am pregnant!

i am very stressed that i don't already have a doctor that i am happy with, that delivers in a hospital that i am comfortable with.

anyone have suggestions of dr's in the city? i am on the east side and am thinking about Cornell and Mt. Sinai ideally but open to other suggestions.?

another question, how do i "interview" doctors? is that the norm? can i go in for an informational meeting with a doctor? how does that work with insurance?

any thoughts, idea's or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!?

Re: OB in NYC - how to find a doctor and a hospital to deliver

• Options

I have a friend who delivered at Cornell, and had a wonderful experience.  The labor and delivery rooms are all brand new. 

I will deliver there in January, and have been seeing a doctor on the first floor throughout my pregnancy.  The doctors are always on schedule, which means little to no waiting in the waiting room.   

The few times I have called with an issue, a nurse or PA has gotten back to me within 15 minutes, and once brought me in immediately w/out an appointment to re-assure me that everything was ok.  I have always felt well taken care of and have been very happy with staff.

• Options
    can you recommend your dr??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have Dr. Migotsky and like him a lot. He is very busy, but when I am there I have his full attention and he makes sure to answer all my questions. He delivers at Lenox Hill and he is also in greenwich, CT. My first so I will let you know, but I have had friends deliver at Lenox Hill that had a positive experience and a friend with this dr. who also had a positive experience.
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay!  I see Dr. Young Lee @ Cornell.  She is currently only taking patients who are already pregnant, and she has office hours every Friday.  There are 8 other docs in the practice if Fridays are not good for you.  They also have a meet and great once a month since the doc you have been seeing throughout your pregnancy may not be the one to deliver your baby, so you can at least put names to faces prior to your hospital stay.
  • Options

All of the doctors at West Care Medical are wonderful! On CPW and 93rd.

212-663-6604

?

I think they are associated with Mt. Sinai and St. Luke's Roosevelt?

• Options
    Great experience at Cornell.  Try Sidney Wu.  Extra nice, extremely good, will go toe to toe with your insurance company and get you covered!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"