5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

5 week 4 day US - no sac??

Due to some light spotting, off to dr for Rhogham as I am RH negative. The doctor did an US while there. While thick uterine wall visible and closed cervix (both good signs she said), no visible sac or baby. She said I could be earlier than we think and too early to see anything OR could be ectopic pregnancy. She advised to hold off for 1 week for another US. The waiting is killing me. Bleeding got worse for about 12 hours then nothing for last 12 hours. So confused. I know such an early US is not common but if anyone else has had one, Did you see anything?
Beautiful daughter born at 34 weeks 9/5/03 ~ incorrectly diagnosed w/ bicornuate uterus BFP #1- 3/2011 EDD 10/15/11 - MC 4/2011 BFP # 2- 9/2/12 EDD 5/11/13 - MC 10/13/12 BFP # 3- 1/13/13 EDD 9/19/13 - MC 1/29/13 After many blood tests, 2 HSG's, MRI's and countless ultrasounds...Reproductive Endocrynologist diagnosed left side Unicornuate Uterus.

Re: 5 week 4 day US - no sac??

• Options

I spotted with my first pregnancy at 4 weeks and again at 6 weeks. brown discharge, like right before starting a period. The Dr. said not to be alarmed as long as it was heavy or bright red.

As for U/S, I just had one with this pregnancy at 5 weeks and 1 day and there was a small but visable gestational sac. The week prior (4 weeks exactly), all they saw was the ovary that ovulated and thick lining.

You may be off by a week, I would just try to stay calm and wait till next weeks appointment.

Good luck!

• Options
    I just went to the Doc. yesterday and went through the exact same thing. I have another US scheduled for next Wednesday so hopefully all will turn out fine. This is my third baby and I have a bicornuate uterus and they said that bleeding occurs more frequently when this happens. They said it could also be a blighted ovum. We can pray for each other that all goes well! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"