December 2012 Moms
Options

Bottle Preference

Hello!

We are solely bottle feeding our DS.  Currently, he uses the Playtex VentAire bottles along w/a sample that we received from Avent and Similac.  He starts daycare on Tuesday, and I am trying to decide on adding Avent or Similac to our bottle collection -- particularly because they are easier to wash, so that gives me extra, precious time with my LO.  I would use these ones for daycare and continue to use my VentAires at home.  Originally, we purchased Playtex Drop-ins for this purpose, but I do not think he liked them.  

Anyway, does anyone have any comments, tips, concerns, etc. regarding the Avent and Similac bottles?  I have done research but figured I would ask for other opinions.  Besides the washing ability, I am also concerned with gas as we are currently working with our pediatrician regarding his fussiness and gas.

Thank you!  :) 

Re: Bottle Preference

• Options

I have both the Aveny and Similac bottles.  DS doesn't seem to like the Avent, I don't know if the flow I s too slow but he always shudders when he drinks from one and frequently doesn't actually eat anything from it.  That's likely just his preference, they seem fine otherwise.

i would advise against the Similac. We got one as a sample and DS seemed to really like it so I got a couple of more.  With mild use they all leak all over the place while he's eating.  I've readjusted everything and it's all put together correctly but it seems like the nipple doesn't seal against the ring and milk just pours out of it.

He seems to do really well with the Mam bottles and they are pretty easy to clean as well.  I'll probably pick up a couple more of those for him when he starts daycare.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know from working at a daycare that the advent ones are nice, very minimal leaking issues as long as they're put together right and minimal spitting up with them. But if I were you I would deffinatly try them out at home first, my son is also solely bottle fed and we bought the really expensive breast flow bottles and he refuses them he will only take the cheap dollar store bottles. (lol :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got 3 typle of bottles. LO chose the Avent Naturals. I love these bottles. We only had 2 of them so we purchased 4 more. When he goes to the bigger bottles we will buy 6 more of those. We also use all glass. I love these bottles. So easy and he doesn't choke as much on them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with PP about the similac bottles and the leaking problem. We use the Avent and my LO does have gassiness, but I think he comes by it naturally more than anything! :)
  • Options
    imagevaleriegp:
    I agree with PP about the similac bottles and the leaking problem. We use the Avent and my LO does have gassiness, but I think he comes by it naturally more than anything! :

This exactly. They seem to do well not spilling in the diaper bag so far too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    We tried Avent, Avent Natural and Similac Smart bottles. DS chose the Avent so we've just stuck with that. They're easy to clean and not all that expensive!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have tried four kinds now.

started with Similac. Those were ok at first, but we had a lot of leaking issues. Also noticed that they looked worn out really fast. Paint wearing off, plastic cloudy looking, etc.after a couple weeks, that seems unacceptable to me.

Had Avent.. those were good but the slowest nipple is a little too fast still and DD chokes and spits up after pounding them down at record speed. Lol. Also, if not assembled justright, they will leak. Something to consider at 3 a.m.

Had Tommee Tippee next. I really like those as none have leaked. DD didn't seem to care for them though. She will drink from them but spits it out and comes back a lot. We still use them in our diaper bag.

We settled on Plytex nursers. They seem to work best for gas and don't drown DD. And have had zero leaks!

Since you said your LO didn't like those.. personally I'd settle on Tommee Tippee.
  • Options
    I can't say that we've tried the Avent or Similac bottles but I use Dr. Brown's Natural Flow bottles with DD. They aren't difficult to wash, I haven't had any spills and she seems to like them. We haven't had a gas or fuss issue yet .

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"