December 2012 Moms
Options

Baby 411's sleep chapter

Yay, I feel relieved after rereading that chapter! I read that book with ds, but forgot about all the early sleep stuff (must have blocked it out, lol). Anyhow, dd has decided that she will ONLY sleep on me or next to me. From the beginning we put her in the RNP for naps and at night, and she was fine with it, but since turning a month old she's decided that's for the birds and will scream her head off in there, or anywhere, that isn't me or sometimes dh. So, I've been trying to safely sleep with her at night, which has led to great sleep, but freaks me out given that it clearly isn't the safest. I also have been scared that I'm setting up bad habits. Anyhow, I reread the sleep chapter last night and it reminded me that you can't set up bad habits at this age and that it's only natural for them to need us for sleep. It says that the permanent sleep spot and routine should begin between 3-4 months, so we will give it another month and then work on the crib. Makes me feel so much better!
imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Baby 411's sleep chapter

• Options
    I need to find this chapter you speak of & read it myself. That sounds like exactly what I need to hear. We are having a similar situation with our LO although last night we propped him up in the boppy between our pillows and he slept amazingly well. We're thinking he's got some acid reflux issues.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    That's so good to hear bc we're in the same spot. She'll lay down in her crib for about 6 hrs, but then she wants comfort and to be with us. I don't want to make problems for when I go back to work, but it's good for now.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya!  I just read that chapter in the last week myself and felt relieved that things are probably not as bad as I thought they were.  My issue is going to be getting the grandmas not to keep up on bad habits to get them to sleep when it's time to sleep train.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"