T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Appointments (w/o 7/30-8/6)

• Options
    Had a bunch of appointments today, ending with a colposcopy. I am low key freaking out. Has anyone else had an adnormal pap? Is this really nothing to worry about?
  • Options
    @conchispita - I had one many years ago and everything came back normal after the colposcopy. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited July 2018
    Currently sitting in a robe in my OB’s exam room waiting. 10w appt. I assume we’ll schedule/ chat about the NIPT/ NT scan. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @conchispitita I haven’t had an abnormal pap, but I know several people who have and it seems like it’s usually nothing to worry about. Of course you’ll still worry (who wouldn’t), but it’s wayyy more likely than not that everything is fine. They’re just being thorough!

Good luck!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @conchispita I’ve had an abnormal pap, colposcopy and ended up having a LEEP. It was all pretty painless, albeit a bit scary. That was 3 years ago and everything has been a-okay since. FX it’s nothing!
  • Options
    Thanks @okayestmom12 @grebretso @cassafrass15 this makes me feel better about it, I’ll stop worrying about it :)
  • Options
    Had an appointment today and the doctor did a pelvic exam. I’m 10w5days and I heard the baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler! My heart is so full! My hubby teared up! Anyone else hear a HB on the Doppler? 
  • Options
    @spena12188 - No HB on the Doppler for me yesterday (9w5d). I’ve got a bunch of extra cushion in my mid section which makes it more difficult. Thank goodness for modern technology and a portable u/s machine so I could take a peak at baby and see the HB at my appt yesterday. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    Appt yesterday was fine. I have a new OB and she mentioned that in my post op notes from my last c-section (2015) that the OB noted that my uterus was “thin”. This was never mentioned to me by my previous OB at any postpartum appointment so I was surprised. Then, off course, I made a giant mistake and ran off to Google and freaked myself out throughly. 

My OB didn’t seem *SUPER* concerned but did mention that if I have any weird pain, that I need to call and there’s a teeny, tiny chance that when they do the c/s, if she can’t close properly, there’s a chance of a hysterectomy being needed. It was a lot to absorb and I think I was just overwhelmed so didn’t ask enough questions (but will inquire more at my next in 4 weeks). 

I am comforted in that my OB didn't freak, say I need to see a high risk doc, whatever else. Anyone ever have this?  Know anyone with this? 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 No advice but wanted to send you some creepy internet hugs. That's definitely a lot to process.  Side note, excellent that you got to see baby and a heartbeat I'm U/S.  
  • Options
    I have my first OB appointment today. It's likely just going to be peeing in a cup and taking my blood pressure and maybe talking a bit. I don't think she will attempt the Doppler. I have a bit more cushion in the stomach area and likely won't hear anything for another few weeks. But who knows. 

I'm also seeing the same OB who I followed when pregnant for DD.  I'm happy I stuck with her because I feel comfortable with her.