Secondary IF
Options

Intro & IUI Injectable vs. IVF Question

Hi ladies,

A little background on me - DH and I are both 28. We have severe MFI - about 1 million for each IUI so far. I have ovulation issues - low LH and FSH, but no one can seem to figure out why. I've seen my gyno., reproductive endocrinologist and a regular endo. and all tests are normal. Anyway, Clomid works fine. We have a 20-month-old son who was conceived on IUI #4 with Clomid. We are now working on baby #2. We are on our 3rd IUI cycle. No one is optimistic because of DH's numbers. Everyone recommends IVF with ICSI. Although I'm all for going for that step, DH is not ready. We have no coverage for infertility so everything so far has been OOP. Is there any benefit to trying IUI with injects if I respond to Clomid? It seems like that is the step between Clomid/IUI and IVF, but I didn't see the point since I responded fine to Clomid. Just looking for some feedback. We are feeling really discouraged and I'm honestly so afraid this isn't going to work. I want to give DS a sibling more than anything and I know all of you can relate.

TIA!

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

Re: Intro & IUI Injectable vs. IVF Question

• Options
    Unfortunately with a low count, I am not sure doing injectables instead of Clomid will help unless it gives you a few more follies to target. How many follies were you getting from the Clomid? The risk of more eggs though is multiples as well. We are facing a similar decision now too. Injects/Iui has worked for us in the past but has not since our loss last year. And my DHs counts have decreased. I am hoping to find out a little more about ivf vs Iui/injects on Monday! Wishing you the best!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"