Illinois Babies

Visiting Chicago...what to do?

Hey ladies I'm in Chicago one more day...what's a good activity for a 3 and 1 yr old? My one yr old is walking already so I'll need a good hour long activity to tire them out for afternoon nap. Would the aquarium or children's museum be better? Thanks for your recommendations :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Visiting Chicago...what to do?

• I love the museum of science and industry. They have fun stuff for the kids. 
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Between the two, I love the Children's Museum. Shedd is great but not as interactive for the little ones unless you buy ticket access to the children's portion. The Children's Museum has two floors with gated "exhibits" for the kids to explore. Gated in the sense that kids have a contained thematic area to run around in as opposed to just an open floor concept that most museums have. Not sure if that makes sense but we love it..so much so we asked for a membership for Christmas!

Also, behind the gift shop there is an art studio that you can ask about. Sometimes they have activities for little ones to do in there as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely do the children's museum.  They have many exhibits that appeal to children of all ages.  We took my two nephews there this past summer (3 years and 1 1/2) and they were both entertained.

Also, the science and industry museum is awesome but appeals more to older children and adults.  Whatever you decide...have fun! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The Children's Museum would be best, imo. The Aquarium is fun, but they can really run around and play at the Children's Museum. Have fun!

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"