we're accepted — The Bump
Adoption

we're accepted

Just wanted to share that today we went to speak with our agency and they accepted our application!  Now we just have to wait to take a group class then do the homestudy!  So pumped!  Any good ideas/tips on what to do while we wait a couple of months for our group class?? we're trying to think ahead of what we'll need to do in our home for our homestudy and what kind of documents we'll need to gather, etc. Thanks!

Re: we're accepted

• Since I just ran through this for a colleague last night, here's what we needed for our homestudy:

Forms that were agency provided: 

Medical Form

Financial Form

Adam Walsh Clearance Form

Fingerprinting form

Agency Contract

Criminal Background Check Form

Autobiographies

Adoption Workbook

Documentation:

Driver's License/SS cards/Health Insurance Card

Marriage License

Birth Certificates 

I think that's all I remember right now...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

• Great news! I would work on getting pics together for your profile book and start working on whst you want to say. Ours was done before our hs so we could hsve been shown that day. Good luck with everything!

Ps....make sure you have copies of your birth/marriage certs. We needed 3 each! I had to send away for mine and it took a little over a month. 

DX AMA + MFI

After almost 5 years, 7 fresh IVF cycles and a few losses along the way, we are excited to move on to domestic infant adoption!

My IVF Blog

My Adoption Journey

• Best of luck!
    Pursuing domestic infant adoption

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

image image
  • thanks guys for the tips!  We will defiantly get started on the list!  Also for the profile book did your agencies have specific requirements as to what sz it was, how many pages, etc?  I am a photographer and design books all the time, so I'm really excited to get started with this prodject but not sure what specs to follow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards