September 2012 Moms
Options

Next Baby- What are you *hoping* for?

2»

Re: Next Baby- What are you *hoping* for?

• Options
    For the next baby I would like a girl just to take the stress off of baby number 3 or possible 4.  That being said, since presently I want 4 I would love to have two and two.  

• Options

Giiiiiirl! :)

I don't have any names picked out except Ava Grace that's it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you would have asked me before I had kids, I wanted 4 boys.

Now with two boys 14 months apart, we are definitely going to be waiting a whileeee. This makes me want a girl. I'd feel like these two are going to be so close that another boy would be left out/ganged up on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd like another boy.  I want three total, so if we have another boy I'd think I can weasel a third out of DH, who really only wants two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

imageTheMcCombies:
    I like how I'm participating in this thread but odds are I will not have another one.

Anyway... I really don't care. I love both. I did always wish I had a sister (I have 2 brothers), so it would be nice for DD to have one, but then again it would be nice for DS to have a brother! Gah. Guess I'm now needing to talk DH into doubling our current number of children. 

Just tell him all "FYI- we're having 4, just thought you should know.  I'll let you know when I need you." 

Haha! Yes. Very matter-of-fact.

You know.... "Honey, my interwebz friends all think I should totally have 4 kids."

Maybe I should also bring him up to speed on Rora's starter marriage theory, as Jocymama pointed out :) Maybe THAT would change his mind. I mean, I'm sure I'd be able to find a suitable and willing candidate who wants a bajillion of my babies.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrs.jenni:

I'm hoping to even things out in my house.  It would be amazing to have 2 boys and 2 girls so I'm really hoping #4 is a girl.  If #4 is a boy, I feel really bad for my DD, because b/w her brothers and her father, she won't have a date until she's 30. ;)

ETA: Also? I'm the middle child of 3 girls and ADORE my 2 sisters.  I really would love for my DD to have a sister. 

NUMBER FOUR?  Damn, girl.  Wink 

We are so done-zo.  DONE.  But last time around, yeah, I was sort of hoping for a girl for #3.  My sister and I are so close and I really hoped Vivian would get to experience that.  Plus I had way too many cuteasshit baby girl clothes saved NOT to get to use them again.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would like a girl next time.  I would love one of each!

Carter Douglas 09.25.12

• Options

imageauroraloo:
    I've said it before, I really don't care. BUT if this one is a boy, I have a shot at 3. If this is a girl, we're done.

Oh man, Rora. This was my sitch with DH. Look out... if you have a girl and are still jonesing for another baby like me, YOU will be the next to receive "it's ok, it's only a starter marriage" condolences :) 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I want a boy next. Then we would have 2 of each.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I'd actually like a boy next so DS can have a brother close in age. Then I'd like a girl or two!

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• Options

imagetara1223:
    A boy. I want one of each.

This.  I would love one of each.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageShadowsRainFalls:
    Hoping for a girl so I have one of each!

This.

• Options
    imagehmpmrj:
    4 mo ago, I said a girl because 3 boys scares me. Now, packing Leo's clothes away and seeing how close my boys already are, I want another boy. I would love to have a little girl to dress up and watch chick flicks with but I really really love being a mom to boys.

Other than chick flicks, I feel the exact same way.
  • Options

Financially it would be better if we have another girl since it will cut down cost of clothes, toys, and whatever other girlie things we have for DD. But at some point I would like a boy. I always wanted 3 girls but after my nephew was born and I changed my mind. We thought/hoped LO was a boy but the morning of our ultrasound both got the feeling we were going to find out LO was a girl. I felt alittle crushed but I'm so happy to have my little girl and dress her up in lots of tutus.

• Options
    I am so torn. I want 2 girls, so Lily has the whole sister experience (and all these clothes I've bought can be worn again), but I would also love to have a boy and DH could pass on his geekdom stuff (which he is doing with Lil, but it would just be different I think). We're hoping for 3, so if I could control it, I'd hope for another girl next and then a boy. I don't know why. haha
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I would love to have another little girl. I have the best relationship with my sister and I just would love that for DD. Plus both girls would have W to be a protective (and annoying big brother). 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd like another boy and then I'd like the third to be a girl.
  • Options

imageMrsManny:
    I would love a girl!  I would take a boy so DS would have a brother close in age, but I would love to shop for a girl!

This, plus we already have all the boy stuff so why not have another boy! DH wants a girl really bad. I would like a girl as well. It doesn't matter to me, but I am hoping for a girl because of DH. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd definitely like a girl next. I'd actually love 2 girls so we'd have 2 of each but we'll have to see if DH agrees to two more kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A girl. It's our last chance for one. I am lonely.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemimi_8607:
    I'm really torn. I think I would be fine either way. I REALLY wanted a girl. But now that I have a boy I feel like I was meant to have all boys. So I don't know. I thnk I'll be happy either way. I have 3 sisters and its a drama fest with them. So maybe boys would be easier.

Same

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

DD has cuter clothes than DS. I would love another chance to get more use out of the pretty dresses that she never (or barely) wore. 

But that's pretty much my only preference. It comes down to clothes. Other than clothes, I couldn't care less.  

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I want three kids but I'd be willing to stop at two for fear that the third would be different than the first two. So if the next is a boy, we might just stop. If the next is a girl, we will most likely have a third. I just don't want to have an odd one at the end. It's weird, I'll admit, but I can't help it.
    Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • Options
    imageMrsAB1316:
    Hmmm... I do want one of each...but I'm torn between wanting the girl next so it's out of the way...but I kinda feel like the girl will be my bargaining chip for baby 3...Ideally, I want 2 boys and a girl.nbsp; Which is odd... I wasn't upset that we were having a boy, but I was upset that we weren't having a girl, if that makes sense.nbsp;nbsp;But, now that I have my boy...I just can't imagine having a girl.nbsp; But, I do want one.nbsp; lol...nbsp; I'm all over the place here.nbsp;

This, exactly! If LO 2.0 is a girl, DH says we're done. If its a boy, we might try for 3.

I honestly don't know what I want!
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Options
    Totally another girl! DD has way too many cute outfits that need to be worn again! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD - July 2011

DS - Sept 2012

• Options
    We want a boy next, but either way I will be happy.
  • Options
    imagemnkate:

to be honest, I'm terrified of having a daughter. Seriously scared.  

Yep, we were too.  Both of our families are full of boys.  I have no sisters, bio aunts, and very few girl cousins. 

In my head, girls were snotty little brats that whined all the time.

Now I know they're just cute little scamps. Wink

But now I do want Millie to have a sister because I never did.  So even though I really want a boy, I think I'd be really happy if the next one was a girl, too.

I'm so fickle.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejonesaj:
    imagetara1223:
    A boy. I want one of each.

This.

Yup. But I def wouldn't be heart broken with another little girl.
  • Options
    If, and this is a huge if, I can talk DH into having another...I would like another girl.  Mostly because my DS has Autism and Autism is less likely in girls.  Plus, there would be a fairly large age gap between the 2 boys, so I think a girl would be best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"