Multiples
Options

FFN tests

Did anyone have a negative fetal Fibronectin test and still go into preterm labor within 7-14days?  I've read that it's a 1% chance that labor could occur after a negative test, but we were also told we had a 1% chance of having triplets and look how that turned out, lol.   

FYI - I has a negative FFN test today, was monitored for a couple of hours and am having minor contractions, but cervix is still long (almost 5) and closed.  OB did decide to give me first steroid shot as a precaution since I'm at 32wks.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
7/4 ER and Biopsy.
7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFN tests

• Options
    My MFM said FFN tests were most accurate the first week, and less accurate for the following week. I forget the %s. My FFNs were accurate.
  • Options
    You are doing so well! I love your comment about the 1%. I had a negative FFN and I think I went into labor 9 days later but I had a placental abruption so I'm not sure if that counts (although before I made it to surgery I was technically having contractions 2 minutes apart and was in major agony but I have no idea if that was caused by the abruption or not). Regardless, you're making this having triplets thing look easy! Keep up the good work, sister!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With DS 1 I got a positive at 28 weeks and my water broke at 35w

With trio had a negative at around 28 weeks and cervix was shorting and I was dilated to 1.5 and I kept them in till 35w3d. 

I got the steroids for the trio at 27-28 weeks when ever had the test can't remember  due to fact I was contracting and dilating and on mag. Thankfully it all stopped and they had to get evicted lol. Good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My mfm said less than 10% chance, not less than 1%. But who knows who is right. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"