Birth Stories
Options

15 months late.....better than never :) (long)

DD was due on 11/22/11 but I just knew she would come early! I was born 2 months early at 4lbs 2oz so I mentally prepared myself for a small and early baby! At 36 wks 6 days I started having small but noticeable contractions, lost my plug (ew) and had high BP so I knew it was close!!!

11/1/11 DH's birthday (37wks).......walking around having contractions every hour but they wouldn't stay consistently 5 mins apart so we stayed home. DH went to bed that night and I stayed up bouncing on my labor ball and had a few intense contractions but then decided to try and get some rest.

The next morning I woke up feeling nothing and surprised I was able to sleep for 4 hours straight...then I started crying, I was so over being pregnant and was so tired of these contractions going on and off. My mom called me right before I was about to get out of bed and I told her that my contractions stopped over night and that this baby was NEVER coming out.....I hung up on her (something I regret now!) I stood up and went to get a glass of water and WOOOOOSH my water broke all over the kitchen floor and leaked everywhere else as I waddled to the bathroom haha I will never forget that feeling of my water breaking and how stupid I felt running to the bathroom.

DH thought I was joking as I called him into the bathroom while I was on the pot laughing so hard that I couldn't even get out that my water broke! We both took very fast showers and left the house for the last time and a family of 2!

This is where the story goes fast! Got the the hospital exactly at 11:00am. She did the test to see if it really was my water that broke (and it did) and then got me all hooked up. At this time I would say my contractions had not even started! At 12 my OB came in and asked how I was and checked me. Even though I felt zero contractions I was at 1cm and 75% effaced. He said if I wanted the epidural that I should get it now while the guy was on my floor so we ordered it.....12:30 p.m. The contractions went from 0 to 1 million! I had one contraction that never completely stopped. It would ease up then spike, then go half way down and back up again, so to me it was one very long, painful, back labor contraction!

Epidural went in at 2:45. That time 2.5hrs I  don't remember much of...DH said DD's Pedi came in to meet us and I signed papers and was talking to him but I was in my own world! Epidural kicked in right away and I was checked at 3pm and I was at 8 cm and fully effaced!!! I started pushing right then and there and seriously that is the hardest thing I have ever done! I couldn't feel a thing so I was just guessing where to push. After pushing for 15 mins, DD's heart rate was staying in the 90's so they tried the vaccum, stretching me, cutting me everything and then we found out she was facing sideways. Her nose was pressed up against my left side and would not budge! But finally.....

At 4:01pm Rorri Eleanor was born three weeks early at 7lbs 7oz 19 3/4in long! She was beautiful and huge and I just knew that she was finally mine forever :)

I love her more than anything in the world. She is the reason I wake up every morning and she makes me the person I have always wanted to be! 

Re: 15 months late.....better than never :) (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"