February 2012 Moms
Options

Poll: What's baby eating?

I'm just curious what everyone's feeding their LO's.  We do some pouches ;)  and some finger foods.  P is not a big fan of most finger foods, especially foods that feel wet, so I puree a lot for him.  

Today's meals:

Breakfast - Fruit pouch and some whole wheat toast.  Most of the toast ended up on the floor

Lunch - He had a couple beans, apple sauce and pureed banana/orange pouch 

Dinner - He had pickles, a quesadilla, shredded chicken (most ended up on the floor) and a banana. 

Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Poll: What's baby eating?

• Options
    Today fpr breakfast she had 2 pancakes before I cut her off. Lunch was Annie's organic mac and cheese. Dinner was quinoa made with chicken broth. She drinks around 18oz of formula a day. She gets milk with meals but doesn't drink a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Today Ian had...
    2 scrambled eggs and fruit cup for breakfast, puffs for snack, cheese ravioli with red sauce and gogurt for lunch, string cheese and another gogurt at different times for afternoon snacks, 2 grilled chicken strips, Lima beans and a banana orange pouch for supper. A 6oz bottle when he woke up and a 6oz bottle before bed, which is 3oz of reg milk and 3oz of formula; we're working on switching.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Today :

Breakfast - egg scramble with spinach and cheddar cheese, toast

Lunch - chicken, potatoes and peas with coconut curry over rice (leftvovers) and banana

Dinner - veal piccata, green beans, broccoli, potatoes  (Gramma babysat tonight, so I wasn't around for this meal)

Normally she had an afternoon snack, but she took a super long afternoon nap, so it didn't happen today.   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

LO Had:

Toast with blueberry jam, a yogurt, and some honeydew melon for breakfast

A PB sandwich, a cup of mixed veggies, and some blueberries for lunch

And homemade pizza for dinner (sauce, cheese, veggies, chicken on an english muffin. He ate two english muffins!) and a couple apple slices and a couple peach slices.

• Options

Mmmm, this is interesting. I'm speaking for yesterday now, obviously.

Breakfast- nothing. Other than breastfeeding for about 15 mins that is. I have tried feeding her 2 oz of a fruit puree 3 different days and she just doesn't seem interested and easily makes it 4 hours on just the breastmilk so there's that...

Lunch-  breastfed, then around 6ish ounces of mango/pear/greek yougut puree (homemade). A lot of times she will it more than that but was done at that point so I gave her some puffs which she loves, I'm guessing 30 puffs. 

snack- breastfed

Dinner- not quite 6 oz of a mixed veggie jarred puree mixed with some homemade broccoli puree to make it go farther, again she seemed full a bit earlier than usual. oh, then she had a truly negligible amount of a homemade flatbread (aka some bread dough that didn't rise because the yeast was bad and I tried to rescue it, lol).

snack- breastfed before bed 

• Options
    I am looking at the QUANTITY, variety, and absence of purees in some of these LO's diets and I'm like... O_O Wow.
  • Options

waffles/ pancakes/ toast

diced up fruit of any kind except for banana- he doesn't like the texture

veggies- favorite is carrots, sweet potato, string beans and spinach, but only off of my plate. Austin also likes avocado- but doesn't like the slimy texture. However, if I give him a piece of avocado with skin on it, he will pick pieces of avocado off the skin!

Meat- turkey meatball, chicken, turkey, beef meatball

Not a big fan of fish

Cheerios of course

And the kid loves cheese of any form 

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Every morning she gets a fried agg with cheese, sometimes toast, a bagel,yogurt or a fruit with that. While I cook the egg she might snack on some Cheerios. 

But this morning I got a a quick breakfast at a little country place near my kids school, we shared some cheese grits in the car. When we got home she had some yogurt, strawberries and some banannas.

For lunch she usually has left overs from dinner the night before. 

Dinner- she eats what we eat. 

• Options

Breakfast: 5OZ formula mixed with baby oatmeal, puffs, 2 wagon wheels

Pouch - carrot or beet/berry

Snack: Applesauce

EBM

Lunch: Ditalini noodles, parmesan shells, shredded chicken, carrots, peas, shredded cheese

part two

black beans

Snack: Yo Baby yogurt

EBM/formula

Dinner - 1 banana, 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich, 6 ounce spinach pouch, cubed peaches (hates them but eats about half then freaks out).  Cheese puff things, pasta from chicken noodle soup (about 10 pieces)

Nurse

This is fun to see.

• Options

Yesterday L ate:

Breakfast: nursed, half a banana, apple sauce, and cheerios.

Lunch: Nursed,  Left over pasta and sauce, raspberries, grapes, string cheese, and a few puffs

Snack: Nursing

Dinner:  Baked chicken, 4 oz. of broccoli and cauliflower puree, applesauce, raspberries, rice, and melon.

Snack: Nurse

He is offered water and WCM at every meal, but rarely drinks any of it.   He usually gets a yogurt each day, but yesterday we just skipped it.  This is nice to see what other people feed their LO's to give me some ideas for L. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yesterday dd had
    Bottle at wake up
    Breakfast broccoli and cheese omelette
    Snack banana
    Lunch veggie and pork stir fry with some rice
    Dinner goldfish and a veggie pure.

She had one wcm bottle at daycare, and one after dinner. Usually she eats a snack and a real dinner, but she was not herself yesterday. I tried sharing my dinner of cauliflower " Mac" and cheese but she wanted none if it. Her loss. Snack at daycare is usually Cheerios.
  • Options

imageNatesLady1309:
    I am looking at the QUANTITY, variety, and absence of purees in some of these LO's diets and I'm like... O_O Wow.

I'm having the same reaction, but opposite?

Some people's babies still eat like babies. Mine eats like my 17 year old stoner brother. hahahaha my grocery bill is gigantic and his belly is still tinyTongue Tied

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:
    imageAshleyAnthony2B:

imageNatesLady1309:

I'm having the same reaction, but opposite?

Some people's babies still eat like babies. Mine eats like my 17 year old stoner brother. hahahaha my grocery bill is gigantic and his belly is still tinyTongue Tied

You are not alone!  I have been trying to figure out what Jack's eating habits remind me of and you hit the nail on the head!

I watched DS and little brother sitting at the table eating dinner the other weekend and it was deeply, deeply disturbing. Both ate a ridiculous amount, both with their hands, and both making the same grunting noises hahaha

• Options
    Honestly Logan is the best eater. I'm thankful because he doesn't sleep so at least I've got something going for us!

He eats whatever we eat. Honestly, besides puffs that he sometimes has as a snack I don't buy or make anything specifically for him. He will eat anything. Since he's been on table food he doesn't get a separate meal. Breakfast is toast with jelly, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, etc... He loves blueberry waffles.
    Lunch is leftovers or sandwiches or soup.
    For dinner I'll just tell you what he's had this week. We did rotisserie chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls. Chicken, cheese, and red pepper quesadillas with guacamole. Grilled sausage with pasta and tomato sauce. And last night chicken tacos with rice and black beans. He ate everything.

• Options

Today DS had:

Breastfed before daycare

Breakfast: waffle sticks, applesauce, water

5oz bottle of bm

Lunch: spaghetti with meat sauce, green beans, pears

Snack: wheat crackers

5oz bottle of bm

Snack: whole milk vanilla yogurt

Breastfed after daycare

Dinner: Chicken breast, orzo, cooked apples, peas & carrots, cucumber, feta cheese

Breastfed before bed 

TTC #1 since 6/10 BFP #1: 8/10, ectopic pregnancy BFP #2: 6/6/11, EDD 2/14/12, DS born 2/8/12 via c-section Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageNatesLady1309:
    Me too.  I'm amazed that some of these LO's eat this much food.  My little guy eats like a bird.
    Photobucket

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Dimitri usually eats whatever we are eating. But regularly it goes like this:

wake up: 7 oz formula

Breakfast during the week: eggs, bananas, oatmeal, muffins, fruit cups

Snacks: string cheese, maple wheels, cut up veggies, fruit cups, juice, formula

Lunch during the week: peanut butter sandwich, yoghurt, applesauce, leftovers

Dinner during the week: grilled cheese, mostly what we eat such as: zuppa tuscana, chicken taco chili, cornbread casserole, chicken tacos, picadillo.

Before bed: 7 oz formula

• Options

Breakfast: toast & plain yogurt/applesauce

Lunch: cheese, tortilla, dinner leftovers, cheerios

Dinner: whatever we're having. ex: rice, chicken, cooked veggies, pasta, potato. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"