May 2013 Moms
Options

Gained another 8 pounds since my last appt ;)

Whoo hoo! I have surrendered to the weight gain lol.
MMC 02/16/12
DS1 05/03/13
Natural MC 10/01/14
DD1 01/08/16

Re: Gained another 8 pounds since my last appt ;)

• Options
    Work it, girl. :)
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    My obgyn and I were cracking jokes about it the whole appointment. He said that since I gained three cup sizes I should think about how many "cups of coffee" that is and how much it might weigh. lol Not sure what that means but we both thought it was funny at the time.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm thinking when I go in next week I'll have gained at least 6 pounds in a month.  Oops.

• Options

imageSkk1977:
    My obgyn and I were cracking jokes about it the whole appointment. He said that since I gained three cup sizes I should think about how many "cups of coffee" that is and how much it might weigh. lol Not sure what that means but we both thought it was funny at the time.

Hehe, my OB and I were joking about that, too. She said that she was sure that all of my weight gain was in my boobs. She laughed and said that one of the perks of pregnancy was "free breast enhancement" :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, it was the same for me 8 pounds in one month. We should start a club!

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    imageGradMommyToBe:

imageSkk1977:

Hehe, my OB and I were joking about that, too. She said that she was sure that all of my weight gain was in my boobs. She laughed and said that one of the perks of pregnancy was "free breast enhancement" :)

He did say that some women gain crazy amounts of fluid weight and he said that if you are already experiencing some swelling at the end of the work day, etc. that it doesn't come until you have at least 15 pounds of fluid weight--which also helps with the breast enhancement ;) 

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options
    I hadn't gained any weight between my December appt and  when I went this month.  I think I will be making up for it this next month!  :/  LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Go you! I like seeing posts where we are pleased with our weights (and boobs, and a$$, and thighs... ok now I'm depressed!) ;)
  • Options
    imageSkk1977:
    imageGradMommyToBe:

imageSkk1977:

He did say that some women gain crazy amounts of fluid weight and he said that if you are already experiencing some swelling at the end of the work day, etc. that it doesn't come until you have at least 15 pounds of fluid weight--which also helps with the breast enhancement ;) 

I just started having swelling in my feet/ankles/calves. Believing that 15 of these pounds are fluid makes me feel SO MUCH better. True or not, I'll take it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBekW2009:
    Go you! I like seeing posts where we are pleased with our weights and boobs, and a, and thighs... ok now I'm depressed! ;

Amen!!! Grow, baby, grow!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageDQsBabyGirl:
    imageSkk1977:
    imageGradMommyToBe:

imageSkk1977:

I just started having swelling in my feet/ankles/calves. Believing that 15 of these pounds are fluid makes me feel SO MUCH better. True or not, I'll take it!

I second that. I'm gonna believe it because it makes me feel better!lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm jealous of you ladies! I go every two weeks and gained 8 pounds in 2 WEEKS! My Dr weighed me on 2 scaled to make sure it was right, since I've had such steady gaining thus far. I go back on Feb 11th, and she said we'll look into it more then if I've gained a lot again. Baby boy is measuring 3 weeks ahead, too so we'll see!

• Options

imagejparli:
    I'm jealous of you ladies! I go every two weeks and gained 8 pounds in 2 WEEKS! My Dr weighed me on 2 scaled to make sure it was right, since I've had such steady gaining thus far. I go back on Feb 11th, and she said we'll look into it more then if I've gained a lot again. Baby boy is measuring 3 weeks ahead, too so we'll see!

Last time, I was two weeks ahead then I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks and now I'm measuring right at my week. According to them, I've gained over 25 pounds this pregnancy. According to me, I've gained 32 pounds from my ideal pre-pregnancy weight.

With three more months left to go, I have no expectations of modest weight gain and I don't think I care. I'm mostly amazed at the lack of control I have over my body lol. 

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • Options

imageBekW2009:
    Go you! I like seeing posts where we are pleased with our weights (and boobs, and a$$, and thighs... ok now I'm depressed!) ;)

Yes, I definitely have a kadonkadonk and my thighs have grown quite a bit. I wish there were a funny word for chunky thighs ;) 

MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"