Pre-School and Daycare

Been on a cruise w/ a preschooler?

We're going on a  5 day Celebrity cruise in 2 weeks - w/ my parents and sister.  Leaving out of Miami.  I want to bring some pre-snacks to keep in our cabin for DD - nothing too exciting - muffins, granola bars, goldfish, etc.  We're going on Celebrity.  Will they let me bring on some stuff for her? 

I've never been on cruise so I'm excited but leery. .. anything important I should know?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Been on a cruise w/ a preschooler?

• Yes, the cruise will allow you to have food in your room. I would actually just hit the buffet and stock up on dry cereal boxes, fruit,etc...to bring to the room. You can even bring hot food. There is no need for you to pack anything extra.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been on several cruises and don't think there was any restriction for bringing food, only alcohol. I've never been on celebrity though, I would go to their website and if you can't find the answer there just call. Better safe than sorry. Have fun!
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to the cruise web site and read about the food policy.  We did a Disney cruise in Oct and all food you brought on had to be in the original sealed package.  You couldn;t repackage anything into ziploacks, etc but you could bring it on.  And FYI, there is always food available on the ship so you really don't need to worry about bringing your own unless you are worried that you need a certain thing.  We did keep some granola type bars and gummies on hand in the fall so that my kids could eat them 1st thing in the morning before we went down for breakfast but that was it.  I would often grab some extra cereal containers from breakfast and keep those in our room or my bag when off the ship for a fast snack but otherwise, we always just went and found food when needed and it was a breeze.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • imageLoCarb:
    Yes, the cruise will allow you to have food in your room. I would actually just hit the buffet and stock up on dry cereal boxes, fruit,etc...to bring to the room. You can even bring hot food. There is no need for you to pack anything extra.

This.  I brought some cereal bars and stuff for the first day but after that I just stocked up daily on juice and cereal and stuff like that and threw them in my backpack for DD while we were out and about.  Becase the rooms are so small to begin with I didn't want a huge mess in there anyway, so I tried to keep the in room eating to a minimum. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"