Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Oranges...peel in advance?

DS's snack day is tomorrow and I'm baking banana bread, and have yogurt cups as well. I'm also going to bring oranges. Should I peel them in advance, or would they be gross by snack time?  If I can, is it okay to peel them tonight or should I do it in the morning?  I realize this is a dumb question but I don't like oranges so I've never had to deal with this!! Lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oranges...peel in advance?

• Options

Not a dumb question. I was thinking the same thing this morning when I wanted to pack oranges for the boys lunch and wondered if I should peel them. I ended up sending strawberries instead because I didn't have an answer. But after I got them off to school I remembered my mom packing me oranges in my lunch peel on but cut up. The kind where you stick it in your mouth and look like a monkey (or was that just me.) I was a little older though but they might be able to eat them that way. 

And on another note, your DS has a fantastic name.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejalaiaa:

Not a dumb question. I was thinking the same thing this morning when I wanted to pack oranges for the boys lunch and wondered if I should peel them. I ended up sending strawberries instead because I didn't have an answer. But after I got them off to school I remembered my mom packing me oranges in my lunch peel on but cut up. The kind where you stick it in your mouth and look like a monkey (or was that just me.) I was a little older though but they might be able to eat them that way. 

And on another note, your DS has a fantastic name.  

lol, your twins have great names :-)

thanks for the help!  I'm still not sure what I'll do, but I like your idea of sending strawberries instead!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sent clementine oranges for snack recently.  I peeled them and split them apart and got any seeds out just before I took the boys to preschool.  It worked out fine...I just knew that the teachers wouldn't have time to do it for the kids.  Just like when I send grapes I always make sure to take them off the stem and wash them b/c I know the teachers don't have time for that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Peel them and put them in a bag in the fridge. They will be fine. If you leave them exposed to air the membrane can get tough.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow that is a BIG snack, I hope most of it is eaten and not wasted! I would peel and send in a zippy bag, they should be fine for a couple hours that way!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

Yes, I know it seems like a lot but the serving sizes were small. They were the mini yogurt cups, half slice of banana bread and half of a clementine orange. Everything was eaten and some kids even asked for extra!

• Options

imagelolonyo:
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I know it seems like a lot but the serving sizes were small. They were the mini yogurt cups, half slice of banana bread and half of a clementine orange. Everything was eaten and some kids even asked for extra!

glad it was a hit this time!

• Options
    imageLoCarb:

imagelolonyo:
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I know it seems like a lot but the serving sizes were small. They were the mini yogurt cups, half slice of banana bread and half of a clementine orange. Everything was eaten and some kids even asked for extra!

glad it was a hit this time!

Thanks! I was too!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"