International Bumpies

Mom in Germany - Introduction

Hi -

I dove right in because the topics are so interesting but then I thought maybe I should introduce myself. Big Smile I'm am American from southern Ohio and now live in southern Germany. My husband is German and our little man was born in July 2011. I've been here for 10 years.

My husband and I both work full-time. We are really lucky to have his family close to us; they love spending time with little man and actually take over one afternoon each week, giving us both a bit of breathing room. blessed!

I don't spend much time here anymore but am excited to share experiences and learn from you guys.

NTrick

Re: Mom in Germany - Introduction

• Welcome to the board :
  • Welcome! I've got a similar story - American from the Midwest married to a German, living in southern Germany, have been here for 9.5 years, and we had our DD1 in April 2011 with the next DD due in 2 weeks (holy crap. 2 weeks?!). The family situation is a bit different, but otherwise sounds like we have a lot in common!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • American married to a Chinese American guy and living as expats in Brussels. No little one yet, but fingers crossed soon.

Welcome!

______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• Thanks everyone.

kelly321: I had noticed that. Hope your second one comes along happy and healthy. Are you  in Bayern or in Baden-W?tt?

• imagentrick:

Thanks everyone.

kelly321: I had noticed that. Hope your second one comes along happy and healthy. Are you  in Bayern or in Baden-W?tt?

BW

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I forgot to mention that I write a blog Smile The primary audience is my family in the US - so there are lots of silly pictures. But sometimes I get my panties in a wad and write an actual essay Wink

Here is the direct link if you are interested https://pickles-and-onions.blogspot.de

And here is one example of when I got my panties in a wad HAHAHAH https://pickles-and-onions.blogspot.de/2012/03/facebook-follow-up.html

• Hi! I'm a Midwestern too, married to an Italian and living in South Africa. Our first little one is on it's way. 
    Cape Town, South Africa Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagentrick:
    I forgot to mention that I write a blog [:] The primary audience is my family in the US so there are lots of silly pictures. But sometimes I get my panties in a wad and write an actual essay [;]Here is the direct link if you are interested https://picklesandonions.blogspot.de And here is one example of when I got my panties in a wad HAHAHAH https://picklesandonions.blogspot.de/2012/03/facebookfollowup.html
    i loved your blog post!!! I just can't believe people would write those things to you on fb, wtf??? Very well written response though, I agree 100 !!
  • Thanks for the blog feedback. To be fair, the German culture is A LOT more direct....

• Welcome! I live just outside Stuttgart. However, we are only here a few years, my dh is in the US military.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Im in Stuttgart once a month for a writers group there. I have no idea how to send a private message but it would be great to learn more about what you're up too. 

In the Heidelberg area we have an English MOPS group - if you are interested.  

• click on the bottom of my post and it will allow you to send one. I will send you one now.

Heidelburg is about 1.5 hours from here. We do have MOPS on base here, too! thanks. Smile

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Welcome! DH and I are both Americans living in Scotland with our DD. 

We will be visiting southern Germany on holiday this May with my inlaws so I have several questions for all you mommas living in Germany :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Ask away! Maybe in another post so that those questions don't get lost?

• I am in Munich if anyone else is here.  Husband is German and I am 6 weeks along.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I just moved to Munich 2 weeks ago. I'm 23 weeks tomorrow. :
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I realize this board is quite old but I just got soo excited that I found it!! I'm originally from the east coast.

I live in the Munich area and am married to a German as well ;) common theme here! We both work in Munich and I've been in Germany for more than 9 years. Holy cow - where does the time go! I'm new around here and a little over 7 weeks along - based on my estimation.

Guess you ladies have all had your little ones since posting this. Hope you are doing well!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Hi Alm! I'm not sure if I ever responded from the original post, but I've been living in Germany for 3.5 years now. Congrats on the LO!
  • Thanks. Where in Germany do u live? I'm hoping there might be another pregnant American around Munich area. Did you have your LO in Germany?
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Hi I am an 18 weeks pregnant American living in munich for the past 4 years. I am also married to a German :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"