Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

smoothies

What are your smoothie recipes? I cant seem to get the texture/amount of ingredients right. I kind of just throw things in. I put greek yogurt in them because other than the baby we all dont like the thick texture of yogurt so I try to hide it and get the health benefits but it always makes the smoothie too thick. Seems like a simple thing but I must need a smoothie for dummies book or something

Re: smoothies

• Options

I always throw in 1 container of greek yogurt (usually 4-5 oz), then I just use that to measure out juice (usually apple), 1 banana, 1 handful of frozen mixed fruit and a little bit of honey.  It turns out perfectly every time and my LO and I just split it.

DH puts oatmeal in his and 1 cup of almond milk instead of the yogurt.  I can't do the texture but I'm sure it's filling. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

DD loves her spinach banana smoothies.   I steam or microwave spinach (with any large stems cut off) and then put it in the blender with about 1/3 of a ripe banana a few tablespoons of plain yogurt (balkan or greek) and add milk as needed to get the consistency right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"