Adoption

Anxiety

My DS1 (age 7) has started to display some anxiety about school and life in general. Does anyone know any good books that deal with childhood anxiety?

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

Re: Anxiety

• I don't have any books to suggest, but props on taking note and making a move to do something about it. I see too many parents underestimate how anxiety is affecting their child, it's always refreshing to see a mommy in touch! xxoo
    Mommy to Jude, Zara, Cruz & Ever. Waiting to adoption one (or two) more. Blogging at www.houseoflovelock.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much! Have you read this one?

• We don't have any children, but I read it in a psych class in college. It was pretty decent.

• imageHouseofLovelock:
    I don't have any books to suggest, but props on taking note and making a move to do something about it. I see too many parents underestimate how anxiety is affecting their child, it's always refreshing to see a mommy in touch! xxoo

Thank you we all try as much as we can. My father is bipolar and has anxiety issues. My DS1's birth father is also bipolar and the biological grandparents have anxiety issues. I have been on the lookout for red flags. I spoke with my brother about some of the things that he has been saying to make sure that I wasn't just "seeing into" things and now I am concerned. I just feel so helpless when he is crying about something that worries him. Rationalizing in this case does not help.

• imagealphalyrae:
    We don't have any children, but I read it in a psych class in college. It was pretty decent.

Great, thanks. I will order it today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"