Pre-School and Daycare

Just recovered from flu- swim class?

Today is the first day kids are 99% over the flu. Today they have swim class.  To go or no?  Hubby says yes I say too soon. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just recovered from flu- swim class?

• I had the flu a few weeks ago and the doctor I saw said that adults with the flu are contagious for about 7 days after symptoms appear and kids can be contagious even longer.  Hence the reason it spreads so viciously, people feel better and go out in public when it's honestly still probably a day or two too early.  I kept us all home for about a week after our symptoms started to be on the safe side. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ah- great- thanks.  I can take them for a hike in the woods guilt-free, then.  Totally skipping class.  All 3 of my kids got it- staggered by 3 days.  That's a long time, but makes sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally I would not if they are not 100% and just recovered.  If they had been back at school for a day or 2 than I would go.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Exactly.  They've all missed a whole week, DS 1.5 weeks.  Instead we went for a short walk.  She came home crashed, barely got up for dinner, and crashed back out.  She seemed active this morning.  Now I'm keeping her home from school tomorrow too.  It was definitely too early- glad we didn't go...
  • No, too soon. Depending on what illness they had, the recommendation from Public Health is: a minimum of 24 hours and up to 72 hours symptom free, without the aide of medication, before being considered clear.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"