Pre-School and Daycare

Do you RSVP?

DS #1 birthday party is the this weekend. We passed out invitations to his pre-k class (10 kids) last Wednesday and no one has RSVP'd. We also invited our close friends from playgroup and one two have privately RSVP'd. 

Should I not expect people to RSVP? Should I come out and ask them?

This is our first "non family only party" so I am not sure what to expect.  

"Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name"

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do you RSVP?

• I always RSVP, but I know many do not. We have family who won't RSVP to birthday invites. They just show up. I'd send out a reminder asking to please RSVP so you can get an accurate head count. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I always RSVP, but that's because this is a pet peeve of mine.  

• Loading the player...
  • I RSVP. Did you give a RSVP date? I'd send an email to get count

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always do, but for DS's 4th birthday (our first friend party), we had 11 kids not RSVP.  Only one of them came.  I tried to bring it up in front of parents to see if they said anything and posted about it on the class's FB page, but whatever.  Some people are just rude!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Yes, I do.

We invited DS1 entire class and no one RSVP and no one came : ( Luckily we had enough other friends for him not to feel too sad about it.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeldoo2002:
    I always RSVP, but that's because this is a pet peeve of mine.  

Same here. I have been on the opposite end where no one has RSVP and remember what it feels like.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always RSVP.  We've gone to two birthday parties for DD's class, and almost everyone from the class has attended.  I think it kind of depends on the group.  The parents in DD's class this year seem exceptionally nice.
  • I always RSVP.

I would call/email those parents.  You need a handle on how many are coming.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • I always RSVP but to be honest I doubt many from his class will show. I know that I rsvp No to class parties because it's the weekend and my son doesnt seem to care and we rather hang out with the family. Unless DH and I are close with the parents we just dont do them yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always RSVP and get totally annoyed by those that don't.  A few things to remember as I don't know what you included.  When asking for RSVP's, be sure to include both an email and phone #, make sure to include an RSVP by date.  If people have not responded and the date has passed, it is totally fine to send a reminder out and ask again who is coming.  I always assume someone is not coming if they don't respond and I don't get extra gift bags and such.  I have never had a child show up that didn't respond but I have had people respond to my reminders with a I'm so sorry, I forgot to respond response!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • I always RSVP b/c I know what a pain it is when people don't. 

We've had two parties for DD1 while she's been in preschool, and both times, the majority of parents did not RSVP. That turned out to mean they weren't coming, but it's kind of nervewracking when you don't know until party starts whether you're going to be over the # of kids included in your package and have to pay extra. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • I always do.

I dont think anyone else does.

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always RSVP but have found that many others do not.  I find it rude
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I always RSVP, however, in my experience, if people do not RSVP for a kid's party, they are not coming.  I will say that the first time I invited my son's entire class for a party, a bunch of people RSVP'd at the last minute, despite an RSVP-by date.  We had a party for my daughter's 2nd birthday and invited her entire class (daycare), I think out of 11 or 12 only one did not RSVP, but it was kind of a tighter group and most of the kids have been together since they were infants.
  • I do!! 

I hate wondering how many kiddos will show or not show.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I RSVP no matter what, even if an invitation says "regrets only."  I don't want ther to be any miscommunication about whether I'm coming or not.  I think it's kind of rude that none of your guests have RSVPed.  I'd remind them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you SOO much for everyone's responses.

The party was yesterday. I took your advice and just came out and asked our friends, all said they were coming and did. I ended up getting verbal RSVPs from four of the moms of the kids from DS's class.  

Yeah for a successful birthday party and next year I am sure it will be the same battle.

Thank you for being the kind of ladies that RSVP!!! 

"Always remember there was nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name"

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"