Infertility Veterans

Discussion!

I really don't know that I should be starting this discussion since I don't have a long history on the board, but I feel that it needs to be done. Do changes need to be made to the IFV "rules"? If so, what changes? Like I mentioned earlier, we all need to be on the same page. Otherwise some of us end up looking like the "bad guys" when we are just trying to be fair according to the last discussion on IFV parameters. If there needs to be changes made, I am open to them!

***Please keep it friendly. My intent is not to stir up drama.***

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
Stopped BCP 4/2010.
Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

Re: Discussion!

• I am also open to changes and totally open to discussion, but whatever the rules are, they need to be applied across everyone and not on a case by case basis.

When this board was re-invigorated in Oct/Nov-ish all of this was discussed but nothing different was agreed on.

My understanding of the "rules" of intro-ing on this board are:

6 months history (posting) on the IF board.

----------

That's it. 

The reasoning behind this was that this board and the IF board would have common friends and we'd recognize people and build support. Also so that Judy Soandso wouldn't come here regardless of her infertility history without ever being on The Bump before, or establishing support and knowing the system.

We can shorten it, we can lengthen it, we can not have it. 

What do you think is right to protect the board and to be helpful to those needing support?

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • The rule was always 6 months of posting on IF. But someone theoretically could post 10 times in that 6 month period and "qualify". That isn't right. When you come here from IF, "we" should know you and recognize you. You were giving support to others and not just taking for yourself. The other thing was "don't come mid cycle". We don't need to see your BFPS a week after you came here. Bottom line is no one should WANT to be here. It means you are a really really complicated case, you are near the end of your treatment as there is nothing that can be done for you. It's about more than your current cycle. It is having people who understand what is it like to be left behind.  It was never just a six month rule-- a person could easily eat up six months with testing and funding issues,cysts etc. But that person gets amazing embryos that stick the first time. This board isn't meant for them. 

Not sure I'm helping draft /change guidelines here.  

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.McIrish:

The rule was always 6 months of posting on IF. But someone theoretically could post 10 times in that 6 month period and "qualify". That isn't right. When you come here from IF, "we" should know you and recognize you. You were giving support to others and not just taking for yourself. The other thing was "don't come mid cycle". We don't need to see your BFPS a week after you came here. Bottom line is no one should WANT to be here. It means you are a really really complicated case, you are near the end of your treatment as there is nothing that can be done for you. It's about more than your current cycle. It is having people who understand what is it like to be left behind.  It was never just a six month rule-- a person could easily eat up six months with testing and funding issues,cysts etc. But that person gets amazing embryos that stick the first time. This board isn't meant for them. 

Totally agree on all your comments. That is my understanding as well, reasoning and everything.

Are these guidelines the way we want to continue to move forward?

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageMrs.McIrish:

The rule was always 6 months of posting on IF. But someone theoretically could post 10 times in that 6 month period and "qualify". That isn't right. When you come here from IF, "we" should know you and recognize you. You were giving support to others and not just taking for yourself. The other thing was "don't come mid cycle". We don't need to see your BFPS a week after you came here. Bottom line is no one should WANT to be here. It means you are a really really complicated case, you are near the end of your treatment as there is nothing that can be done for you. It's about more than your current cycle. It is having people who understand what is it like to be left behind.  It was never just a six month rule-- a person could easily eat up six months with testing and funding issues,cysts etc. But that person gets amazing embryos that stick the first time. This board isn't meant for them. 

This - I was making this point on the other thread. We welcomed women here with relatively few posts but because they were around for 6 months it was Ok. It is really hard and I don't know if we will have or get all the answers. Clearly there are women who "belong" here based on their history but are not accepted. Also, just to play devils advocate - what boards count toward the requirement? What if in a given case we have someone who posts on the IF board, gets her BFP on her first cycle, moves on to PAIF, has a loss and then feels like she belongs here? She could have accumulated the 6 months and even accumulated an enormous amount of posts.

Just some thoughts.

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagePrettyAccountant:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

This - I was making this point on the other thread. We welcomed women here with relatively few posts but because they were around for 6 months it was Ok. It is really hard and I don't know if we will have or get all the answers. Clearly there are women who "belong" here based on their history but are not accepted. Also, just to play devils advocate - what boards count toward the requirement? What if in a given case we have someone who posts on the IF board, gets her BFP on her first cycle, moves on to PAIF, has a loss and then feels like she belongs here? She could have accumulated the 6 months and even accumulated an enormous amount of posts.

Just some thoughts.

My understanding was that it is 6 months on the IF board, because that is where the relationships would be formed. When I joined TB I went straight to the IF board. I didn't go to TTGP or TTTC and have never really even lurked on those boards so I don't know the people there and wouldn't recognized them if they intro'd.

Stopped BCP 4/2010.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• imageDoublePortion:
    imagePrettyAccountant:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

Just some thoughts.

My understanding was that it is 6 months on the IF board, because that is where the relationships would be formed. When I joined TB I went straight to the IF board. I didn't go to TTGP or TTTC and have never really even lurked on those boards so I don't know the people there and wouldn't recognized them if they intro'd.

There is a sort of natural progression from TTC to TTTC (or TTCAL) and then to IF, and then here. Not always, certainly.  

The IF board is the main feeder board for this one and yes, where relationships would be formed.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageMrs.McIrish:

The rule was always 6 months of posting on IF. But someone theoretically could post 10 times in that 6 month period and "qualify". That isn't right. When you come here from IF, "we" should know you and recognize you. You were giving support to others and not just taking for yourself.

Yes, 6 months with the caveat of being a recognized and supportive member of the IF board. And I think this is where it gets tricky.

Stopped BCP 4/2010.

• I don't know how much what I'm about to say is going to add to the discussion but I've been doing some thinking about it since the post from earlier.

I think it's important that we do filter women who should/shouldn't be on this board. However because of the complexity of how each of us gets to their own "left behind" point in her IF struggle, there just isn't a one-size-fits-all rule. No matter how we slice it, putting ANY rule out there is going to alienate women who probably do deserve to be here. That just makes my heart hurt big time. I think it's almost worse to leave a woman out who needs us than to allow someone to post here who might be a little premature. That's just my two cents and I'm sure many of you might feel differently. And that's ok, we are just having a discussion here. :)

I think the 6 months is a good guideline, but someone could have a relatively short bout with IF testing and treatments, posted a few times in a 6 month span, and be eligible to be here. Whereas someone else might have been put through the IF ringer quickly, found out they likely will never conceive using their OE, hit a brick wall, yet posted dilligently on IF for a 5 month span and be denied here. I think thats the 6 month rule just isn't working very well for this reason.

Each and every case is different, but the one common factor is that the poster would otherwise feel left out and out of place on the IF board after their failures. I think if the poster says that is how they feel, we should take that at face value and accept her.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • imageliz4paws:

I don't know how much what I'm about to say is going to add to the discussion but I've been doing some thinking about it since the post from earlier.

I think it's important that we do filter women who should/shouldn't be on this board. However because of the complexity of how each of us gets to their own "left behind" point in her IF struggle, there just isn't a one-size-fits-all rule. No matter how we slice it, putting ANY rule out there is going to alienate women who probably do deserve to be here. That just makes my heart hurt big time. I think it's almost worse to leave a woman out who needs us than to allow someone to post here who might be a little premature. That's just my two cents and I'm sure many of you might feel differently. And that's ok, we are just having a discussion here. :)

I think the 6 months is a good guideline, but someone could have a relatively short bout with IF testing and treatments, posted a few times in a 6 month span, and be eligible to be here. Whereas someone else might have been put through the IF ringer quickly, found out they likely will never conceive using their OE, hit a brick wall, yet posted diligently on IF for a 5 month span and be denied here. I think thats the 6 month rule just isn't working very well for this reason.

Each and every case is different, but the one common factor is that the poster would otherwise feel left out and out of place on the IF board after their failures. I think if the poster says that is how they feel, we should take that at face value and accept her.

Liz - you said it perfectly. Please don't anyone here take this the wrong way - I am not trying to diminish your hurt but I have thought this many times - I have seen some women post and think to myself "really? two failed IUI's and your talking about being a vet?". Compare that to Chucktgirl's post on IF she titled Lost. Her RE told her - there is no more treatments. My heart was breaking for her.

IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl

• imageDoublePortion:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

The rule was always 6 months of posting on IF. But someone theoretically could post 10 times in that 6 month period and "qualify". That isn't right. When you come here from IF, "we" should know you and recognize you. You were giving support to others and not just taking for yourself.

Yes, 6 months with the caveat of being a recognized and supportive member of the IF board. And I think this is where it gets tricky.

This!

• imageliz4paws:

I think it's important that we do filter women who should/shouldn't be on this board. However because of the complexity of how each of us gets to their own "left behind" point in her IF struggle, there just isn't a one-size-fits-all rule. No matter how we slice it, putting ANY rule out there is going to alienate women who probably do deserve to be here.

I agree, someone is going to get hurt no matter what rules there are. Say 2 people want to join on the same day and they've both been on the IF board for 4 months...I don't want to be the one to tell one of them that they just haven't struggled enough and then tell the other one they can go ahead and skip the 6 month rule because their pain warrants it. Perhaps this is why the original Vets came up with the 6 month rule...to have some kind of criteria that doesn't turn IFV into an elitist group. (I hope that makes sense! I feel like my brain is in a fog.)

Stopped BCP 4/2010.

• imageDoublePortion:
    imageliz4paws:

I think it's important that we do filter women who should/shouldn't be on this board. However because of the complexity of how each of us gets to their own "left behind" point in her IF struggle, there just isn't a one-size-fits-all rule. No matter how we slice it, putting ANY rule out there is going to alienate women who probably do deserve to be here.

I agree, someone is going to get hurt no matter what rules there are. Say 2 people want to join on the same day and they've both been on the IF board for 4 months...I don't want to be the one to tell one of them that they just haven't struggled enough and then tell the other one they can go ahead and skip the 6 month rule because their pain warrants it. Perhaps this is why the original Vets came up with the 6 month rule...to have some kind of criteria that doesn't turn IFV into an elitist group. (I hope that makes sense! I feel like my brain is in a fog.)

I know, it's such a difficult thing to navigate. But I fear that the current rule is doing more harm than good. Even if it alienates one woman who needs to be here, it's not working. 

My vote would be to make the only rule be that if you have had failures that make you feel out of place on the IF boards, this is place for you.

Even women who have only been through IUIs and for whatever reason can never afford IVF, or perhaps even their religion keeps them from doing IVF, I don't feel right judging their need to be here or not based on a defined number. They are at their own brick wall.

Inside, they must feel just as left out on the other boards as someone who had the means to do many many IVFs and failed. 

I think the "feeling left out" aspect is the one and only constant we have to go off of and if a woman says this is how she feels, we should accept her. 

Feel free to disagree with me, I know I am in the minority and I haven't been here nearly as long as everyone else but this the only thing I can wrap my head around that seems fair and consistent that wouldn't leave a woman out who needed us. 

Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 

2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!

image      image 
  • imageliz4paws:
    imageDoublePortion:
    imageliz4paws:

I know, it's such a difficult thing to navigate. But I fear that the current rule is doing more harm than good. Even if it alienates one woman who needs to be here, it's not working. 

My vote would be to make the only rule be that if you have had failures that make you feel out of place on the IF boards, this is place for you.

Even women who have only been through IUIs and for whatever reason can never afford IVF, or perhaps even their religion keeps them from doing IVF, I don't feel right judging their need to be here or not based on a defined number. They are at their own brick wall.

Inside, they must feel just as left out on the other boards as someone who had the means to do many many IVFs and failed. 

I think the "feeling left out" aspect is the one and only constant we have to go off of and if a woman says this is how we feel, we should accept her. 

Feel free to disagree with me, I know I am in the minority and I haven't been here nearly as long as everyone else but this the only thing I can wrap my head around that seems fair and consistent that wouldn't leave a woman out who needed us. 

Borrowing from Double P's post and yours here -

The idea isn't to be elitist, it's to be protective of the women who are already here. The gate isn't closed. No one can judge another person's pain but I also don't want the board to become IF2.

I'm very hesitant to make it open to those who feel they should be here without any other guidelines. I don't know how we close the gate, or mind the gate in that case. Other boards seem much clearer. You don't get to feel that you are PGAL, or feel that you are almost anything listed over there. It's mostly cut and dry. I supposed you can fake things, or be overly dramatic, but you know what I mean.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageBzeetyD:

Borrowing from Double P's post and yours here -

The idea isn't to be elitist, it's to be protective of the women who are already here. The gate isn't closed. No one can judge another person's pain but I also don't want the board to become IF2.

I'm very hesitant to make it open to those who feel they should be here without any other guidelines. I don't know how we close the gate, or mind the gate in that case. Other boards seem much clearer. You don't get to feel that you are PGAL, or feel that you are almost anything listed over there. It's mostly cut and dry. I supposed you can fake things, or be overly dramatic, but you know what I mean.

I completely see what you're saying. But for the example of most other boards like PGAL, its binary - you've either had a loss or you havent. It doesnt have to be subjective because the situation itself isn't subjective. It's black and white. But in our case, the situation itself is very gray which I think makes it nearly impossible put a one-size-fits-all rule.

And I weight the two scenarios: A woman posting here who has a "questionable" struggle but who SWEARS with a straight face that she is at her own personal brick wall versus a woman being turned away and not being allowed to post here for another X months yet she just learned may never be a mother. I would much rather err on the side not having a rule that kept that second woman from joining in.

I'll go with the majority vote here but just continuing to add to the discussion. This is a very good discussion!

ETA: Fixed some grammar issues.

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 

image      image 
  • IFV newbie 2 cents??

I've felt left behind, left out, what have you for the past few years. Even though we've only been on medicated cycles a year, that is the only way I'm getting pregnant and I know that and its hurt my soul every time someone oops! gets pregnant and is so happy and carefree about it.

I've been on TB for over a year (wish I found it sooner!)  and although emotionally at times I felt that I belonged with you ladies long ago, I "put in my time" on the boards. It was my understanding that you were to be an "active" poster for 6+ months....and so I waited, and guess what? Here I am....tadah!!!

I can see the point on both sides where someone feels they are a "vet" and yes they probably are. But as for the dynamic of this board I agree that the actively posting person would be more of a fit here as they've already made connections with some or most of the current posters.

IFV newbie out!

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Can we make an anonymous survey monkey poll or something? With a link that you need to PM to get?

I think we need to get a good sense of what the whole community thinks. Maybe leave it up for a few days, so everyone could weigh in? Then if change is needed, we can figure that out.

Really appreciate all the comments here too. Thanks for starting this up DoubleP.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageBzeetyD:

Can we make an anonymous survey monkey poll or something? With a link that you need to PM to get?

I think we need to get a good sense of what the whole community thinks. Maybe leave it up for a few days, so everyone could weigh in? Then if change is needed, we can figure that out.

Really appreciate all the comments here too. Thanks for starting this up DoubleP.

An anonymous poll is a good idea! I appreciate everyone's comments as well and that we were able to keep this civil. I think we all have the same goal in mind (to accept new members in the least hurtful way for all who wish to be part of the board) and just have different ways of getting there, but we'll work it out. Big Smile

Stopped BCP 4/2010.

• imageDoublePortion:

I really don't know that I should be starting this discussion since I don't have a long history on the board, but I feel that it needs to be done. Do changes need to be made to the IFV "rules"? If so, what changes? Like I mentioned earlier, we all need to be on the same page. Otherwise some of us end up looking like the "bad guys" when we are just trying to be fair according to the last discussion on IFV parameters. If there needs to be changes made, I am open to them!

***Please keep it friendly. My intent is not to stir up drama.***

Hi ... lurker here with 2 cents to contribute.  I'm a pretty low-hope case but have been holding off intro-ing here because, although I've been posting on IF for nearly a year, I took a several-month break after my first disastrous IVF cycle and haven't been actively posting again for 6 months.  I wish I could be on this board; I definitely don't feel at home on IF, given I'm on my 3rd IVF and chances are pretty slim that I'll be able to conceive with my OE.  

I'm happy to abide by the 6-month rule if that's what continues but wanted to throw in another suggestion:  I feel that by the time a woman has failed 2 IVFs, if she's posted on IF throughout both (even if she's only been on the board for, say, 4 months), it might make sense to allow her here. Once you fail twice, it becomes clear you're probably a hard case.  And it's kind of a vicious circle -- when you're an experienced hard case you're probably going to post less rather than more on the IF board, because you're not going to be chatting about every monitoring appointment or asking as many questions.  Two IVF failures could be another bright-line rule that would keep the "tourists" away but would assure that people who really had graduated from IF (and not in the good way) got the support they needed. 

Of course this suggestion is very self-serving, LOL. 

Going back into lurking now . . .  

[ETA:  My suggestion is not to discontinue the 6-month rule, but to add the 2-cycle failure rule as a special exception.] 

• Brooklyn-you just took a break after IVF 1. You don't have to start your 6 months over. If you were gone  for 2 yrs that might be different if no one knew who you were. I think you are fine to post here. Just my 2 cents!

Also, the girls that left WANT the newer ladies to continue/restart this board. It was so important to them to have a safe haven and you all should get that too. You just need to be careful of the revolving door and that is why parameters are important. Otherwise you will just feel like it is IF2 and you're still left behind. 

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• You bring up many good points.

I'd be open to that suggestion of 2 IVF failures so long as failure included successes that ended in losses or 6 months history on the IF board.

We'll draft a poll and include some of the options that have been mentioned.

Keep em coming!
    TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Some DOR ladies are not eligible for IVF and get converted to IUI time and time again. The 2 IVF rule would disqualify them..

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Could it be either 6 mo on the IF board or 2 failed IVFs? That's what I meant. Not everyone has the option to do IVF anyways and a converted to IUI would be considered a failed IVF, too, right?
    TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imagePrettyAccountant:
    imageDoublePortion:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

This!

This....

I didn't WANT to come over to this board.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have to. But this is where it feels like "home" for me.  In the 6 months I was actively posting on the IF board, I cannot even begin to tell you how many women came and left to join the PAIF board.  I was happy for them.  But felt they were gone before we really got to know them.  And I agree with you Rachel... I read 2 failed iui's?  Seriously?  I'm not down playing their infertility.  I've been there.. many years ago.  I still post over on IF to lend support.  But this is where I feel I belong.   

Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• imageMrs.McIrish:

Brooklyn-you just took a break after IVF 1. You don't have to start your 6 months over. If you were gone  for 2 yrs that might be different if no one knew who you were. I think you are fine to post here. Just my 2 cents!

Also, the girls that left WANT the newer ladies to continue/restart this board. It was so important to them to have a safe haven and you all should get that too. You just need to be careful of the revolving door and that is why parameters are important. Otherwise you will just feel like it is IF2 and you're still left behind. 

I agree. The parameters are important here. It will get complicated otherwise. I sort of feel like the saying "don't try to fix what's not broken" applies here. This board has been a great safe haven and bending old rules or making new rules might not be a good idea.

Countless BFN(s)
    Moving to IVF

IVF1 (ICSI): Long Lupron
    6R. 3F. 3DT. 8Cell 1Grade 2Embies. 1Frostie.
    Beta 1/22: 14 Beta 1/24: 24 Beta 1/26: 28
    Round One Result: Chemical Pregnancy

Pressing Forward

IVF2 (ICSI/AH/ACU): Microdose Lupron Flare
    13R. 11F. 5DT. 2TFR'ed. 1Frostie.
    Round Two Result 4/30: Harsh BFN

FET. 2TFR'ed.
    Round Three Result 6/25: BFN
    Where do we go from here?

Moving forward with CCRM in 2013
    ODWU revealed blocked tube(s). Lap 2/15.
    Bilateral Tubal Ligation. Stage IV Endo.
    Finally some (tough) answers.

IVF3 (ICSI/CCS): Antagonist with EPP
    13R. We have 3 CCS Normal Embryos!

Lupron Depot: May 2013 to August 2013
    Long awaited FET on 9/3. 2TFR'ed.
    BFP on FRER 5dp5dt: IN SHOCK!
    Beta1 9/10: 152.7! Beta2 9/12: 378! Beta3 9/14: 1224! 

1st ultrasound 10/1: TWO beautiful heartbeats!  Overjoyed!

• Late to the party but I was at my support group tonight. 

I really think this board would benefit it if had less specific rules.  Just keep it along the lines as people who are in an advanced infertility journey.  If someone thinks they fit in here then they start posting - no judging or asking if they belong or not!  Everyones Infertility journey is too complicated and difficult to make set boundaries and one-size fits all.   Even if someone is brand new to the bump but has a complicated history - I have no problem with them posting here.  The bonds are formed from now on - not what happened in the past.  

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• I lurk on this board from time to time because I don't feel as if I belong on the other boards anymore, but I know I don't "qualify" to post here necessarily. I have two failed IVFs (one chemical, one cancelled before ER) and dx of DOR. We're basically done except for a miracle as we are out of money. I am in a lot of pain emotionally and feel so alone. I could really use some people to talk to because I don't even know how to start to heal.

I would love to be accepted here as allowed to post or even in some sort of facebook group or whatever. I am really having a hard time right now. I don't like the infertility or tttc board anymore because I don't really have any "questions" about treatment or anything; just trying to pick up the pieces at this point and move on. 

Age 37
    TTC Since August 2010
    Husband SA Feb. 2011 normal
    HSG Feb. 2011, clear
    Clomid April, May & June 2011, unmonitored
    First visit to RE July 2011
    Sonohystogram Aug 2011 normal
    Sept 2011 AMH test in normal range
    Sept 2011 Clomid cycle, monitored + TI = BFN
    Oct 2011 Clomid + IUI = BFN
    Long break -- tried on our own
    IVF #1 June/July 2012 = 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, BFP, chemical
    IVF #2 Sept/Oct 2012 = cancelled due to poor response to EPP with Follistim (300), Menopur (150), and Lupron (10) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"