Pre-School and Daycare

What is your 4-5 year olds bedtime?

What time does your kiddo go to bed?

What time does he/she wake up?

Any nap or rest time?

Thanks!!! I am just trying to figure out if my daughter needs a later bedtime! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your 4-5 year olds bedtime?

• My 4.5 yr old is in bed by 7.40, head on pillow and lights out by 8pm. No nap, up between 6.30 and 7am in the morning.
  • 7:30 (in bed) bedtime, no nap, 6am ish wake up.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • 7pm bedtime - 60 min 'rest' - never sleep. 7am wakeup.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • School nights she is in bed, lights out at 7:30. Other nights it is 8:00. She is usually up at 7:00. Once a week she will sleep until 7:30. She doesn't take naps.
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • Since she started kindy, my DD's bedtime is 7:15, and she's asleep by 7:30. I have to wake her up at about 5:45, which pains me. School starts very early here. :(
  • DD is 4 and DS is 5.5. They go to bed at 7:30 on school nights and 8 on weekends. I have to wake DS up at 6:30 every day for school. DD usually wakes up on her own by 7. They both sleep until 8ish on weekends. Neither of them nap or have any rest time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • my 3.5 yr olds and 5 yr old go to bed between 730 and 745.  They wake 630/645.  No naps.
  • 5 yr old goes to bed at 8pm.  Wakes up by 6am.  No nap.
  • DS was napping daily before he started school.  He napped from 12-2 and went to bed fairly late, like around 9/9:30.

He started Junior Kindergarten in september, it's from 8:45-3:15.  They don't have a nap.  He now goes to be at 7:30 and wakes up around 7/7:30. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 3, 5, and almost 7 year old go to bed between 730 and 8. Usually up around 7 am and no naps and this is during the school week. Well, sometimes the 3 yr old naps in the car.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Typically his bedtime routine starts at 715 and it's lights out right around 730. Lately it's been much earlier... lights out closer to 715. He is usually up at 630ish and rests in his bed until 7AM.

He naps almost everyday for an hour and a half or more. 

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS was 4 in October. Due to DH and my work hours, he goes to bed between 10 & 11pm and usually wakes up around 9am or so. I can't remember the last time he napped, or even fell asleep in the car :( 

We need to change it pronto, though. DH finally got a daytime job and DS will have to go to daycare at 7am twice a week. Yikes. 

• Asleep by 930; up by 830-ish.  No naps, and she goes to afternoon preschool 2 x/week.  Same for next year I'm assuming as she'll be in PM kindergarten.  Once grade 1 starts, though, I'm sure bedtime will be earlier as we'll have to be up earlier.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Bed at 7:30, up between 6:30 and 7. He hasn't napped since 2.5.
  • Bedtime in my family has, until recently, been 8 pm.  At age 4-5 my kids were not napping at all and got up anywhere from 6 to 7 in the morning. 
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Thanks all! Going to see if switching things up helps solve her coming down 15 times before bed. I honestly don't think she is tired enough to fall asleep. She only naps a couple times of week because she is in preschool from 930-230 3 days a week. Trying a new bed time tonight! 

Thanks!!! 

• My DD wakes up at 6am, bed at 8, 1 hour nap some days.

• Bedtime: 7-7:30pm

Wake up: 7-8:00am

no nap

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • DD goes to bed @ 8 but stalls until 9ish.  She still "rests/naps" at school every day.

On weekends when she doesn't nap, we keep the same bedtime and she falls asleep in 5 minutes.

I think I may move her weekday bedtime back to 8:30 and see if that cuts down on some of her stalling.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • He sleeps 7:30 to 6:30/7.  No nap/rest in over 2 years.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • 830 is bedtime religously.  Wake up at 630. NO NAPS!
  • My DD goes to bed around 8-830pm. We usually wake her up around 7:15 on school days and she wakes up anytime between 7:30 and 8 on weekends. She usually naps at school for a couple of hours, but rarely does on weekends (or days she's home) - we try to put her down earlier those days.
  • My 3 yr old does not want to sleep anytime before 9. She does nap at school (1 hr) sometimes and when she comes home from school at 3 ish she wants to lay down & watch tv and usually falls asleep. My mother gets her from school and I try to tell her to keep her from napping but its hard--suggestions?

i'd love to get back to an earlier bedtime...and no nap!

CafeMom Tickers

• At 4 yo DD1 went to bed at 9pm, woke up at 7am, and napped for an hour at daycare. On weekends she didn't nap but slept in later.

At 5 yo she went to bed at 8:30pm and woke up at 7:30am. We're still on the same schedule, although I think she really could use more sleep.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • My girls are 6 1/2 and almost 5 (in March) and they both go to bed on week days at 7pm and wake up at 6:15am.  Neither nap although my younger DD still has a rest time at school so she gets 1.5 hours of quiet time.  It is very, very rare that she actually sleeps and when she does, she has a hard time falling asleep at bedtime.  Neither nap on the weekends and just have a 1 hour quiet time in their rooms as we all need that break/down time during the day.  Weekends, they are in bed anytime between 7 and 9 and up at around 7:15am give or take (both will sleep later from time to time especially if we were out later the night before)
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Bedtime is 8pm. They wake up at 7am. They don't nap anymore or have a rest time.
  • bedtime is 8/8:30 she wakes around 6:30--no nap or rest!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DD1 is almost 5.  She is in bed by 8, wakes up around 7 and takes a nap for about an hour and a half each day.
  • My almost 4.5 year old is asleep by 9:30 at the latest. When he wakes up varies, it could be 7 or I'll have to wake him up at 8 to get ready for school.

He naps on the weekends but not during the week. He goes to morning preschool right now. 

• DD#1 (4.5) goes to bed 8-830 and wakes up at 6:30.  She still takes naps...uh, from 1-4!  She's going to be in for a shock when she starts full day kindergarten. 
  • Ds1 is 4.5 he goes to bed usually between 9 and 930 sometimes 10 and sleeps until 8:30 and 9:30. He doesn't nap regularly since age 2.5 but occasionally falls asleep in the car. He goes to preschool twice a week and on school nights I try to have him in bed asleep by 9 and can wake up by 8:15. ds2 has a similar schedule although he wakes up earlier but still naps 1 to 3 hours daily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"