VBAC

Natural Ways of Inducing at 39 weeks

I've been using EPO orally and vaginally for the past two weeks. Three days ago I was only 1 cm dilated.  I stimulate my nipples till they are sore. I walk as much as I can. We have sex as much as we can, which ends up being about every other day.

Anyone have any other ideas to help naturally induce me?  

If I am dilated more by Monday (in two days) my MW will strip my membranes, but she can't do it if I'm not dilated. 

Re: Natural Ways of Inducing at 39 weeks

• Have you tried acupressure? Youtube has a few videos that can show you places to put pressure that could help. No experience, but it has been something I've been researching, in case I get too close to my due date.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You can get a massage with clary sage oil, especially one that combines the acupressure the PP mentioned.

Castor oil is always an option. If you are nervous about ingesting it you can always try a pack  on your abdomen. This website tells you how to do it https://www.fitsugar.com/How-Make-Castor-Oil-Pack-How-Help-You-Heal-14859281. Otherwise, you can mix two tablespoons into orange juice or something else to help mask the taste.

• Loading the player...
  • Membrane strip sent me into labor, so hope you can try that. Maybe walk a lot before that appt.....
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • imageanchalmasako:
    Membrane strip sent me into labor, so hope you can try that. Maybe walk a lot before that appt.....

They are going to try that tomorrow if I am dilated enough.  They tried last Wednesday, but I was only 1 cm dilated.  I'm now hopping the full moon is in my favor. Friday is the scheduled CS date.  

How soon after you had your membranes done did you go into labor? Did your water break? 

• imageVikiT05:

imageanchalmasako:
    Membrane strip sent me into labor, so hope you can try that. Maybe walk a lot before that appt.....

They are going to try that tomorrow if I am dilated enough.  They tried last Wednesday, but I was only 1 cm dilated.  I'm now hopping the full moon is in my favor. Friday is the scheduled CS date.  

How soon after you had your membranes done did you go into labor? Did your water break? 

I was 2 cm at my appt on 40 wks 3 days. It was 9 am when my membranes were stripped, and I felt dull cramping every 30 min until 5 pm when the contractions started picking up. By midnight they were 5 min apart for over an hour, so that's when we went in. Good luck! It all takes time.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • I saw a chiropractor whose specialty was preggo ladies & babies..she induced me by rubbing some part of my neck..I went into labour about 12 hrs after leaving her office:) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"