International Bumpies
Options

Convertible/rear-facing car seats in the UK, anyone?

Need some help/shopping advice from the more experienced UK mommas on the board ... DS is going to outgrow his infant seat soon, and I've started researching car seats. Seems that rear-facing and convertible car seats haven't really caught on here -- there just aren't very models available! We'd like to keep him rear-facing as long as possible. I know it's not required by UK law, but the rationale behind it makes a lot of sense to me.

The other potential wrinkle is that we Zipcar and usually get a small hatchback. So we need something that would be fairly easy to install and uninstall, in small cars that may or may not have carseat anchors.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! TIA! 

Re: Convertible/rear-facing car seats in the UK, anyone?

• Options

I second checking out CarSeat.se I have purchased two seats from them and the owner is very knowledgeable and helpfull. Plus the seats rear face longer than most US models.

Try the international page on https://www.car-seat.org/ they are very knowledgeable people and I'm sure some one is in the UK. They might be able to help you find options available to you locally in the UK.

I think I have heard that there are at least some options available to you guys in the UK where as we here in the netherlands have 1 very large, very high priced seat and that is it!

Good luck to you

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBrooke81:

I second checking out CarSeat.se I have purchased two seats from them and the owner is very knowledgeable and helpfull. Plus the seats rear face longer than most US models.

Try the international page on https://www.car-seat.org/ they are very knowledgeable people and I'm sure some one is in the UK. They might be able to help you find options available to you locally in the UK.

I think I have heard that there are at least some options available to you guys in the UK where as we here in the netherlands have 1 very large, very high priced seat and that is it!

Good luck to you

Ditto to both the bolded. The international board on car-seat.org are really great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ITA about both sites. I have a two way elite from carseat.se... Debating buying a triofix or a max fix now...
  • Options
    Thanks, these links are very helpful! I hadn't thought to look outside the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"