Pre-School and Daycare

Memory Games

When do they grow into/out of Memory matching games.  We have 3 and my kids(5, 3, 3) have never really been into them.   Store or donate?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Memory Games

• I'd keep and reintroduce them to your 3 yo's. I hadn't got any yet because I assumed DS, who's 3.5,  was too young, but my dad got him some animal memory cards a few months ago and DS loves them. SometimesWink
  • I have one kid -- DD -- who ADORES memory/matching games and one kid -- DS --who is just "meh" about them.

I started my DD on easy matching games at about age 2.  A good Memory game to start with is by FP, called "Turtle Picnic." It involved 8 different fruits in 4 colors, so there was some flexibility in how you could play the game, making it quick and easy for a really small kid or more interesting for an older preschooler.

When she was too old for Turtle Picnic, I used the I Spy Go Fish cards to play Memory/Matching games.  These were great for an older preschooler/school aged kid.  No sense buying a separate card game. 

Now my 12 y/o is into architecture, and my mom got her a grown-up memory game that consists of FIFTY pairs of abstract designs by Frank Lloyd Wright.  They're gorgeous and make for a REALLY challenging matching/memory game!  If the two of us play, it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to match all 100 cards.  So, I'd say you never really outgrow this game.  I still enjoy playing it with her.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD got into them closer to 4.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks all; to storage it goes!  I guess I recall doing it with a regular deck of cards as a preteen.
  • imageneverblushed:

I have one kid -- DD -- who ADORES memory/matching games and one kid -- DS --who is just "meh" about them.

I started my DD on easy matching games at about age 2.  A good Memory game to start with is by FP, called "Turtle Picnic." It involved 8 different fruits in 4 colors, so there was some flexibility in how you could play the game, making it quick and easy for a really small kid or more interesting for an older preschooler.

When she was too old for Turtle Picnic, I used the I Spy Go Fish cards to play Memory/Matching games.  These were great for an older preschooler/school aged kid.  No sense buying a separate card game. 

Now my 12 y/o is into architecture, and my mom got her a grown-up memory game that consists of FIFTY pairs of abstract designs by Frank Lloyd Wright.  They're gorgeous and make for a REALLY challenging matching/memory game!  If the two of us play, it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to match all 100 cards.  So, I'd say you never really outgrow this game.  I still enjoy playing it with her.

THe Wright game sounds amazing!   

• Mine prefer the app "Amazing Match" over the board games.  Same concept different approach.   No storage : ) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 really likes her matching game and she just turned 3. I guess it just depends on the kid.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"