June 2012 Moms
Options

Valentines

My dh and I have never celebrated Valentines in the past. I seriously doubt we will in the future. However, I recall growing up, my mom would always buy us a small gift. I got Anja a card the other day, and I plan on getting her something small but memorable. What, if anything, are you doing?

Also, as I mentioned above, my dh and I don't celebrate this holiday. We aren't antiholiday sorts of people, but it's just something we never got into. To be honest, when we were first dating, I suggested not celebrating it out of sheer laziness. It just stuck. I am wanting to make him something from Anja and I, however because we never celebrated this event before, I don't want to spring this on him out of nowhere. I know he'll feel extremely guilty if he didn't do anything in return. Do I mention it to him? Do I just surprise him? For what it's worth, I don't care if he does anything for me. Or lastly, do I just 86 the idea?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Valentines

• Options
    why don't you make something form DD to DH?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I would just tell him about the tradition you had with your mom and see if he wants to participate with you. It may be that he also had a V'day tradition growing up that you could incorporate.

I don't remember Mom really getting us anything, but she always went out of her way to help me get or make special valentines for my classmates. We ordered a lot of really cute activity cards and/or pencil holder valentines from Current.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to make us valentine baskets. DD will just have a card and outfit this year. And we get cards and our favourite candy. I am going to leave them at our places on the kitchen table.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageacbfreire:
    why don't you make something form DD to DH?

That's what I am planning on, however I still have an inkling he will feel guilty if he doesn't do something for me in return.

Oh well. We're prob just going to maybe a little heart frame or something alike.
  • Options
    imagealizabethanne:
    I am going to make us valentine baskets. DD will just have a card and outfit this year. And we get cards and our favourite candy. I am going to leave them at our places on the kitchen table.

I'm thinking of something similar.
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:
    imagealizabethanne:
    I'm thinking of something similar.

I would just tell DH the plan. My DH and I don't do surprises. Surprises are bad. We know if/when/which holidays we are going to do something so one of us doesn't feel bad or like we didn't do enough. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"