Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

If Young Enough, How Close do You Think Your LO is to Crawling/Being Mobile?

I just wonder where we all think our LO's are in terms of being mobile.  My little guy seems to be itching to crawl. His legs are ALWAYS kicking, and he is starting to slither on his playmat to get to things out of his reach.  I really think he is a matter of a few weeks from making his first crawl reality. He can turn over completely already, without trapping his arms as well.

Re: If Young Enough, How Close do You Think Your LO is to Crawling/Being Mobile?

• Options
    My DS started out scooting. It looked kind of like a military crawl. There also was this hilarious stage where he'd push with his legs but his huge head was so heavy he had to drag it on the ground.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options

imageLuckyDad:
    My DS started out scooting. It looked kind of like a military crawl. There also was this hilarious stage where he'd push with his legs but his huge head was so heavy he had to drag it on the ground.

That is funny!!!  I hope Jake does that....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For me the most amazing thing with all the developmental milestones is how he would work on it one day, get tired, then resume practice the next day without missing a single beat, as if no time had passed between sessions.

It gets pretty nuts when they are mobile. You suddenly realize just how unsafe most of your home is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Babies can be very deceptive.  They seem like they are right on the verge of doing something and then it takes 2 months.  Jeffrey started showing signs of wanting to crawl at almost 7 months and didn't actually start crawling until slightly after 9 months, at which point it was an army crawl.  It'll happen at his pace, some go earlier than others.
  • Options
    I have a toddler now that is getting into everything.  He was crawling around the 5 month mark, he was rolling/slithering before this.  Ours started to "walk" holding hands around the 8 month point and was walking around the 13 month point without holding on to anything.  He could have done it earlier but he wanted to be able to walk up stairs unassisted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Jake turned 5 months last Friday, so we busted out the bouncey for him this weekend.  He is in heaven now that he has his own in the house.  School is not the only place he can bounce now!!

We also busted out the height chair this weekend, so now he can eat with us.  He is also a big fan of that.

At times I feel he is growing way too fast for us.  I have to remind myself to savor these moments, so that is why I have so many pics already.  Just to capture as much as I can.

• Options
    My kid is itching to start moving, but nothing yet. He smiles and baby talks nonstop when he is held in a sitting position and love to stand on laps. He is also a crazy kicker. This morning I propped him up on a boppy at daycare and he slid all the way off and started to slither towards another kid before I left...it was really awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageDavidStamps:
    My kid is itching to start moving, but nothing yet. He smiles and baby talks nonstop when he is held in a sitting position and love to stand on laps. He is also a crazy kicker. This morning I propped him up on a boppy at daycare and he slid all the way off and started to slither towards another kid before I left...it was really awesome!

Our boys are not to far apart and it sounds like they are both at the same stage in a lot of areas.  Pretty cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"