UO's

Re: UO's

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imagesamsterrr:
    imageMrsNorry:

imageMrs.G123:
    I think bragplaining is lame.

Yes  ZOMG, is my baby sleeping too much? She sleeps 7-7. Am I losing too much weight?11! I eat whatever I want and I'm still losing, OMG!

GTFO.

Sometimes still loosing isn't always good and it might not be bragging.

That's how it sounds to the rest of us. If you really think there is a problem consult a doctor. 

eh, speak for yourself. some folks are heavy and don't like it.  some folks are slim and don't like it.    

my uo is that some ladies are too judgy and i judge them for it.  ha  

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imagesamsterrr:
    imageMrsNorry:

imageMrs.G123:
    I think bragplaining is lame.

Yes  ZOMG, is my baby sleeping too much? She sleeps 7-7. Am I losing too much weight?11! I eat whatever I want and I'm still losing, OMG!

GTFO.

Sometimes still loosing isn't always good and it might not be bragging.

That's how it sounds to the rest of us. If you really think there is a problem consult a doctor. 

Sam, I think you were brave to make that post and I understand your concerns about your weight loss.  I think it kind of sucks that people can complain about being overweight, but anyone having issues at the other end of the spectrum has to hold it in or they are seen as bragging. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemmathewson:

eh, speak for yourself. some folks are heavy and don't like it.  some folks are slim and don't like it.    

I doubt anyone cares what you think here. Move along.

• Options
    imageSarahW44:

Sam, I think you were brave to make that post and I understand your concerns about your weight loss.  I think it kind of sucks that people can complain about being overweight, but anyone having issues at the other end of the spectrum has to hold it in or they are seen as bragging. 

Meh, I don't think that it's always seen as bragging, it's just how her post came off to me. She knew it would rub some people the wrong way and it did. I just think if you are truly concerned you would talk to a doctor, not a message board.
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:

My UO: I automatically assume that people who use Internet Explorer are somewhat computer illiterate (unless they have to use programs that only run on IE, which is the suck).

FTW!

Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imagemmathewson:

Just because you can't say anything nice doesn't mean I will "move along."  No thanks!   

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSarahW44:

Meh, I don't think that it's always seen as bragging, it's just how her post came off to me. She knew it would rub some people the wrong way and it did. I just think if you are truly concerned you would talk to a doctor, not a message board.

Just a thought here...

Quite often, I ask y'alls opinion before I call my dr. If a lot of people think it's a big deal, or that it can't be taken care of at home I call. If I can get the answer I need from you guys I try that first. I hate being the person that is ALWAYS calling my doctor over everything. Sam could be doing the same thing. Sometimes it's nice just to get the reassurance that you were legit freaking out over something, or that it's really no big deal. 

• Options
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSarahW44:

You could say the same thing for being overweight. 

• Options
    imageSarahW44:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imageSarahW44:

You could say the same thing for being overweight. 

Never said you couldn't. Meh, semantics. Guess that's why it's an unpopular opinion. NBD.

• Options
    imageRVASC811:
    I think I actually have one.

It is super creepy and weird when people make their fb profile a picture of their child. Your child is you? Do you not have an identity? Have you been replaced as a person since becoming a parent?

I get a little tired of my whole newsfeed looking like all of my friends are infants.

Note, I am not talking about photos of people WITH their babies.

I don't think it is creepy or weird but it is annoying sometimes to try to figure out who someone is based on a photo of a baby. I could maybe see someone doing it if their cover photo has them in it, but if they are absent in both it is annoying!

• Options

imageRVASC811:
    I think I actually have one. It is super creepy and weird when people make their fb profile a picture of their child. Your child is you? Do you not have an identity? Have you been replaced as a person since becoming a parent? I get a little tired of my whole newsfeed looking like all of my friends are infants. Note, I am not talking about photos of people WITH their babies.

Ugh. This is me. And I even agree with you. I rarely rarely rarely ever update anything on facebook, and I uploaded a picture from my phone of her at Christmas time, and apparently changed my profile picture to it. And I honestly just never really think about changing it. The thought crossed my mind once we got her 3 month pictures done, because I think I'll change it to a picture of her and me. But I haven't gotten them back from the photographer yet. So, if anyone tries to search me, they'll just find a baby. So weird.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemmathewson:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imagemmathewson:

Just because you can't say anything nice doesn't mean I will "move along."  No thanks!   

Are you the one who has been stalking Norry just to make snide comments on her posts?

• Options
    imageLauraT25:

My UO: I automatically assume that people who use Internet Explorer are somewhat computer illiterate (unless they have to use programs that only run on IE, which is the suck).

Ugh, there are two websites I have to run through work that require IE, and it drives me nutso.  I feel like (as my friend would call it) a n00b.

Also, I just hate having a million browsers open because certain sites can't get their sh!t together.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageSarahW44:
    imagemmathewson:
    imageMrsNorry:
    imagemmathewson:

Are you the one who has been stalking Norry just to make snide comments on her posts?

no, not even close.  lol  i haven't stalked norry and wouldn't ever. i just don't have a problem openly disagreeing with her... especially if i think she's being rude to someone for no apparent reason.  if anything, i feel like on a couple occasions, she has sought out my posts to reply with something snide. i did make a not so nice comment directed at her a while back... but only after she made some pretty rude comments herself that were directed at me.  she has said some pretty insensitive stuff on this board and shouldn't really expect everyone to love her for it.   

(btw, some might consider posting/following links to oct 2013 moms board to go over there just to snark and to make fun of those ladies to be stalking...)

• Options

Ok, I don't feel like quoting 100 people, so here goes nothing...

re: weight gain vs weight loss.

my DH is TINY, and by tiny I mean 5'6" and 95lbs. It kills him because no matter what he does, he can't gain. He won't even weigh himself in front of me.

during pregnancy, we had plenty of posts about gaining too much and what the health concerns were, etc (I'm talking the serious posts, not the ones that warranted the "no weight gain talk" pact!). At end of the day, weight loss is just as much of an issue. Say you are ebf, too much weight loss is a big deal, and sometimes it helps to see if your weight loss is comparable to others or not, it's not like ZOMG I LOST ALL THIS WEIGHT AND YOU DIDN'T !!!1!!!111

point is, if we are going to commiserate with one another over all the weight we haven't lost (I need tostep away from those brownies...) then I don't see why someone can't complain about the opposite... 

Just my two cents... Now back to my brownies!

oh, and mmathewson, you are clearly obsessed with Norry. I get the appeal, we all love her, but you darling, you need a life without so much bitter in it. Please, move along. 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    imageMrschica:

Ok, I don't feel like quoting 100 people, so here goes nothing...

re: weight gain vs weight loss.

my DH is TINY, and by tiny I mean 5'6" and 95lbs. It kills him because no matter what he does, he can't gain. He won't even weigh himself in front of me.

during pregnancy, we had plenty of posts about gaining too much and what the health concerns were, etc (I'm talking the serious posts, not the ones that warranted the "no weight gain talk" pact!). At end of the day, weight loss is just as much of an issue. Say you are ebf, too much weight loss is a big deal, and sometimes it helps to see if your weight loss is comparable to others or not, it's not like ZOMG I LOST ALL THIS WEIGHT AND YOU DIDN'T !!!1!!!111

point is, if we are going to commiserate with one another over all the weight we haven't lost (I need tostep away from those brownies...) then I don't see why someone can't complain about the opposite... 

Just my two cents... Now back to my brownies!

oh, and mmathewson, you are clearly obsessed with Norry. I get the appeal, we all love her, but you darling, you need a life without so much bitter in it. Please, move along. 

and by bitter, I mean your need to stall people for te sake of drama 

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    UO: I like mmathewson for making this board interesting. 
  • Options

imageexpectingnugget:

LOL! Yes

I <3 everyone.

• Options
    imageexpectingnugget:
    UO: I like mmathewson for making this board interesting.nbsp;

i think she is a self important douchecanoe. Obnoxious and interesting are two very different things.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imageexpectingnugget:

Being a straight up diick is different than being interesting. 

• Options

I think all this talk about this being a slow board is getting old. Flame away if you must, but in all seriousness I believe it's because most of us have gone back to work/school. I could be on tb all day while on maternity leave... Now... Not so much. Although on the days I do get a chance to check on, I feel like I've missed so much, lol!

I also agree with expectingnugget ... The Facebook group is easier to keep up with.

anyone else? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:
    imageexpectingnugget:
    UO: I like mmathewson for making this board interesting.nbsp;
    i think she is a self important douchecanoe. Obnoxious and interesting are two very different things.

I didn't say she wasn't obnoxious. She just makes it so I keep coming back. 

• Options
    Ug, I'm not an expert bumpie (er?) like a lot of you... Can't get quote to work on my iPad, but that last one was for you, mrschica.... And would one of you mind telling me how I'm a "straight up ***"? Because I pointed out that many times ppl live out sh!t online that they can't for whatever reason in real life? Wow, I guess that's a lot meaner than call someone an uneducated idiot or a ***.
  • Options

I have a VERY unpopular opinion: I don't think Norry is all that. Sure, she makes some valid points, but she could stand to learn what respect is. 

...And were adults, why do we care about popularity??? 

• Options
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    I have a VERY unpopular opinion: I don't think Norry is all that. Sure, she makes some valid points, but she could stand to learn what respect is.nbsp;...And were adults, why do we care about popularity???nbsp;

Norry rocks my world. So there.

Seriously though, there are times she's one of very few people who will stand up and be a voice of reason. Would you prefer glitter farts and rainbows? Wasn't there discussions last week that nobody liked a glittery board?

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imagemmathewson:
    Ug, I'm not an expert bumpie (er?) like a lot of you... Can't get quote to work on my iPad, but that last one was for you, mrschica.... And would one of you mind telling me how I'm a "straight up ***"? Because I pointed out that many times ppl live out sh!t online that they can't for whatever reason in real life? Wow, I guess that's a lot meaner than call someone an uneducated idiot or a ***.

ok, so i had this nice long response typed up about how i couldnt possibly invest the time required to "stalk" norry.  she has how many thousands of posts, blah, blah, blah.  if responding to a couple and disagreeing strongly with her makes me "obsessed" to you, then i guess so be it, blah blah blah.  now, its gone and i dont feel like retyping it all.  at any rate, this is an open internet message board, you are right.  and as such, i have as much right as anyone to post here. now you move on.  

• Options
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    ...And were adults, why do we care about popularity???nbsp;

I don't think many do. I think the "cool kids" or "popular posters" started when mathewson was trying to stir the pot a few weeks ago. Then it became a joke and people were trying to figure out who was considered to be in that group.

• Options

imagemrs.ike:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    I have a VERY unpopular opinion: I don't think Norry is all that. Sure, she makes some valid points, but she could stand to learn what respect is.nbsp;...And were adults, why do we care about popularity???nbsp;
    Norry rocks my world. So there. Seriously though, there are times she's one of very few people who will stand up and be a voice of reason. Would you prefer glitter farts and rainbows? Wasn't there discussions last week that nobody liked a glittery board?

"So there." LOL.

That's great. I'm glad she does.... that's what makes us human, we all have different preferences

BUT, I believe that we are all entitled to respect, and Norry lacks that often. There's a difference between being blunt and being a ***..  

• Options
    imagerachelmichelle1:
    I hate musicals. They're stupid. Rent is the worst one.

Ita except grease is the worst one!!
  • Options
    In my word, everyone is a unicorn and they eat butterflies and poop rainbows. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Options

imagelauracoro:
    imagerachelmichelle1:
    I hate musicals. They're stupid. Rent is the worst one.
    Ita except grease is the worst one!!

you both are KILLING me here

::goes to car to cry while blasting broadway Sirius xm station:: 

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options

imageellcore:
    In my word, everyone is a unicorn and they eat butterflies and poop rainbows. 

for you!

and:

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • Options
    imagemmathewson:

imagemmathewson:

ok, so i had this nice long response typed up about how i couldnt possibly invest the time required to "stalk" norry.  she has how many thousands of posts, blah, blah, blah.  if responding to a couple and disagreeing strongly with her makes me "obsessed" to you, then i guess so be it, blah blah blah.  now, its gone and i dont feel like retyping it all.  at any rate, this is an open internet message board, you are right.  and as such, i have as much right as anyone to post here. now you move on.  

It just seems that you only pop up to comment on something Norry has said. I'm sorry if you don't like it but that is how you come across to me.

• Options

imagemrs.ike:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    Norry rocks my world. So there. Seriously though, there are times she's one of very few people who will stand up and be a voice of reason. Would you prefer glitter farts and rainbows? Wasn't there discussions last week that nobody liked a glittery board?

I like you lots, Mrs.Ike, but like Mrs.Norry, mmathewson (again, who I do think can be extreme) also does a lot to de-glitter the board and keep it entertaining.

• Options
    imageexpectingnugget:

imagemrs.ike:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:

Norry rocks my world. So there.

Seriously though, there are times she's one of very few people who will stand up and be a voice of reason. Would you prefer glitter farts and rainbows? Wasn't there discussions last week that nobody liked a glittery board?

I like you lots, Mrs.Ike, but like Mrs.Norry, mmathewson (again, who I do think can be extreme) also does a lot to de-glitter the board and keep it entertaining.

well i do enjoy being liked. :D. I just think mmathewson isn't entertaining. And it gets old that she only attacks Norry.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    imagemrs.ike:
    imageexpectingnugget:

imagemrs.ike:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:

well i do enjoy being liked. :D. I just think mmathewson isn't entertaining. And it gets old that she only attacks Norry.

Well that's true. I don't think anyone is saying that there should only be rainbows and unicorn farts here (except our Ellcore), and it's okay to be the voice of reason, but the delivery isn't ideal? Right? Guys? *scampers into corner*

• Options
    Well, expectingnugget, you can have mmathewson as your "entertainment" and "voice of reason". Have fun with that, I'm out.
  • Options

imageMrsNorry:
    Well, expectingnugget, you can have mmathewson as your "entertainment" and "voice of reason". Have fun with that, I'm out.

LOVE ME! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Options

imageMrsNorry:

Will do! You entertain me as well though. And I don't consider her to be a voice of reason by any means, just a fun little shiz stirrer. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"