Two Under 2

Travel to the Dominican Republic with 2U2?

DH and I have to make a decision about whether or not we are going on this trip tomorrow.  His dad and stepmom take us and their other kids and grandkids on a trip every summer and this year it's the Dominican Republic.  We would be going with a 4 month old and 21 month old.  Our DD is a pretty easy baby but who knows how #2 is going to be.  We are on the go and travel a fair amount in general if that matters.  

Would you want to go on a trip like this?  We'll have some "help" as far as babysitting goes and stuff but I feel like we won't really relax at all watching 2 young kids and that maybe we should just decline this year.  However there's the other side of me that loves to travel and thinks we can handle it and that we'd be silly to turn down a free trip to the DR.  

Thoughts?   

image   image
We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3

Re: Travel to the Dominican Republic with 2U2?

• I would go.  I was hoping to make this same trip but when #2 is 6m.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since its a free trip I would possibly go.  I would not choose to make this trip now if I had to pay for it.  We went to the beach (locally, 2hr drive) with our kids this past summer.  DD was turning 2 and had a blast.  DS was 6 months and just kinda chilled out.  We also went with family, which is a huge help.  The hardest things are going to be the flight and just the sheer amount of stuff that you have to bring when travelling with 2u2.  If you have an option of a hotel suite with a separate bedroom, I'd go for that.  We had to sleep all in one room with both kids, which was a big challenge for everyone.  At least we were in a house so DH and I could hang in the living room at night when the kids went to bed at 8pm.  The other tough thing is keeping the baby out of the sun, but I've been to DR and most resorts have umbrellas all over the beach, so that shouldn't be too bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Decision basically got made for us... I am IUGR with #2 now so given that we have no idea when this baby could come we decided to decline.  I was okay with taking a healthy 4 month old on this trip but if we end up having a preemie there's just too much risk.  There's always next year!

As an aside... we may be invited to Puerto Rico for a week in October with my family so we have another chance to do a trip like this if we want to.   

image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • imagejf198400:
    Since its a free trip I would possibly go.  I would not choose to make this trip now if I had to pay for it.  We went to the beach (locally, 2hr drive) with our kids this past summer.  DD was turning 2 and had a blast.  DS was 6 months and just kinda chilled out.  We also went with family, which is a huge help.  The hardest things are going to be the flight and just the sheer amount of stuff that you have to bring when travelling with 2u2.  If you have an option of a hotel suite with a separate bedroom, I'd go for that.  We had to sleep all in one room with both kids, which was a big challenge for everyone.  At least we were in a house so DH and I could hang in the living room at night when the kids went to bed at 8pm.  The other tough thing is keeping the baby out of the sun, but I've been to DR and most resorts have umbrellas all over the beach, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Yea I think next trip we agree to go on this like we have to have a suite.  Last year we took DD to Jamaica and sharing one room STUNK.  I can't imagine with 2!  A house would be ideal!   

image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"