Colorado Babies
Options

Weekly GTKY

I'm gonna try and remember to do this weekly so hopefully we can start to get to know one another and start building up a fun little group of women!

Sooo, the question for the week is based off something my prenatal yoga instructor asked us last night:

What are you most looking forward to after pregnancy, or, if you aren't currently pregnant, what do you remember looking forward to when you were?  

Re: Weekly GTKY

• Options
    For me, and this is probably going to sound horrible, but I'm really really looking forward to a nice cold glass of beer, or a nice glass of red wine! I haven't had a drop of anything to drink since late August!
  • Options
    A good full glass of red wine is definitely up there... hell, give me the bottle! i think almost more exciting is putting on a pretty dress and looking good in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecrazycoffeegirl:
    For me, and this is probably going to sound horrible, but I'm really really looking forward to a nice cold glass of beer, or a nice glass of red wine! I haven't had a drop of anything to drink since late August!

i was going to say the same thing!!  i LOVE my wine lol. 

but also, looking forward to seeing how this will change my daughter, i hope she will love having another little one around, and can't wait to see them interacting!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am TTC right now, and I KNOW I will miss my beer like I did last time. And maybe sushi. Oh, and hot tubs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The only thing I missed while pregnant was my usual bacon and eggs with oj breakfast.  Oj and eggs just tasted awful.  Since I'm no longer preggers I can enjoy it again.  I also missed having enough energy to work out.  Still low on energy but I just got the green light so I'm going to start Zumba again.

BTW since I didn't respond to the last GTKY post, I'm 28 (almost 29-bday on Feb 14), and gave birth to my daughter 11-22-12.  I currently live in Arvada but have lived in the Denver area since 2005.  It's nice to meet you ladies!

Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejesstevens214:

The only thing I missed while pregnant was my usual bacon and eggs with oj breakfast.  Oj and eggs just tasted awful.  Since I'm no longer preggers I can enjoy it again.  I also missed having enough energy to work out.  Still low on energy but I just got the green light so I'm going to start Zumba again.

BTW since I didn't respond to the last GTKY post, I'm 28 (almost 29-bday on Feb 14), and gave birth to my daughter 11-22-12.  I currently live in Arvada but have lived in the Denver area since 2005.  It's nice to meet you ladies!

Did you at least eat the bacon? Because that's what I would've done...

• Options
    I can't really think of anything other than a porchetta sandwich from this deli in Wheat Ridge but it isn't like I have been dying for it either.
  • Options

I miss yoga SO much! Unfortunately, there are no facilities where I live that offer pregnancy yoga :(

What I am looking forward to the most after pregnancy is the bonding time I will have taking maternity leave with Kiya! My hubby is very supportive and I'm ecstatic to share this blessing with him!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This last pregnancy, I was really looking forward to a pitcher of sangria. I think it might have been due to a lot of delicious looking pictures on pinterest.

Since we were having another girl, I was also looking forward to how she was going to look different from out first DD. Turns out this one is all me while our first looks just like daddy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageSurely Funke:

This last pregnancy, I was really looking forward to a pitcher of sangria. I think it might have been due to a lot of delicious looking pictures on pinterest.

Since we were having another girl, I was also looking forward to how she was going to look different from out first DD. Turns out this one is all me while our first looks just like daddy. 

mmmmm, sangria...i don't get sangria all that often since DH is allergic to oranges, but that sounds sooo tasty right now! Wow I probably sound like an alcoholic with my looking forward to beer, wine and now sangria. 

• Options
    imagecrazycoffeegirl:
    imageSurely Funke:

mmmmm, sangria...i don't get sangria all that often since DH is allergic to oranges, but that sounds sooo tasty right now! Wow I probably sound like an alcoholic with my looking forward to beer, wine and now sangria. 

The one I made had strawberries, peaches and mint in white wine, Delicious and orange free! It's funny, I'm not a big drinker, but when I couldn't have it, it was all I wanted! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageSurely Funke:
    imagecrazycoffeegirl:
    imageSurely Funke:

The one I made had strawberries, peaches and mint in white wine, Delicious and orange free! It's funny, I'm not a big drinker, but when I couldn't have it, it was all I wanted! 

Okay YUM. I want that recipe now! I'm not usually a fan of white wine, but with strawberries, peaches and mint in it, I bet it's amazing. 

• Options
    Hot tubs, wine and snowboarding!
  • Options
    I really miss beer... Also, being able to stay up late at night, not having to run to pee at least three times during a movie, and sushi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"