TTC after 35
Options

how long before conceiving did you take vitamins?

Just want to know - to either help or increase fertility, did anyone one of you ladies take a combo of folic acid & multivitamin for a year or two before decided to get pregnant? And did it help for a quick conception?

Did you take it every day, every other day? I've been reading a lot about folic acid that it "helps stregnthen the inner part of the egg." I just want to hear if anyone has taken it for a year or two prior to conception, and if you then conceived fairly quickly after 35.

Re: how long before conceiving did you take vitamins?

• Options
    This board is for ladies still trying to conceive. Please post this question on Pregnant after 35 or Parenting after 35.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This would be a good question for 'Pregnant after 35' board.  Not all of us have been able to conceive yet.  I've been taking a prenatal multi vitamin everyday for a few years which has folic acid.  It's a good supplement to prepare your body but it definitely doesn't guarantee that you will get pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started taking prenatal 3 months before ttc, but that was 2 years ago, so i can't answer your question, as not many on this board could....however your eggs begin to develop 3 months before ovulation, so the eggs you will O in March are developing now...so you should start vitamins before ttc.

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    I've been taking mine since we've decided we wanted to ttc...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"