Preemies

NICU Day 81: Claire is Coming Home!

DH will be bringing Claire home this afternoon -- a day I never thought would actually arrive! We got the intense walk through of all of her oxygen equipment yesterday, and the rest of her NG feeding tube supplies will arrive today. I had many moments yesterday where I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed by what is to come (with a few associated break downs) -- not to mention the burden of responsibility now that we have NG feeding tubes and oxygen to contend with, on top of no longer having the reassurance of the NICU safety net.

I go through that with every major change -- happened once the girls were born, before Paige came home...all par for the course! Speaking of Paige, we haven't had to use the NG tube with her once (in fact she pulled it on Friday!), and she's been eating upwards of 25% more than they were feeding her in the NICU. She's also decided that cluster feeding from around 11:30 PM until 3AM is a GREAT idea. Of course. She gets the late-night snacking thing from dad (otherwise, she's a mirror image of my side of the family. Lol). 

My parents are amazing (and quite excited about their first grandchildren) and have offered to be on hand day and night in the short term as we get a handle on the new routine -- and then longer term as-needed.

The biggest challenge we'll likely have in the short term will be the separate feeding schedules (particularly at night) -- we can't really feed Claire on-demand just yet, since she's not 100% PO, so that will be a bit tough, but since she's gone from 10% to 50% PO over the course of the past 2 weeks, hopefully we're close with her, as well. 

I will say, after all of this, the perks of the girls coming early include (I have to find a bright side somewhere!) -- 2012 tax deductions (obvs), being 100% physically healed after my c-section, and having nearly 3 months to pump like crazy to get my supply up to where I am now. I really have no idea if I would have kept up with BF/pumping had the girls come home with me -- I was SO frustrated for so many weeks there in the beginning. But, now I just pump and bottle feed simultaneously, which works splendidly. :) 

Let the fun (chaos) begin!

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: NICU Day 81: Claire is Coming Home!

• Congratulations!

Enjoy your girls! 

• Congratulations!!!!  And those are great bright sides!!!

I never thought of pumping/feeding simultaneously--great idea as I was wondering how long I could last pumping once my girls come home!!! 

my read shelf:
    Jayne's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  That's so exciting 
    imageimage
    Me:32 DH:33 Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image
    Mommy Graphics
  • Yay!! Congratulations!!!!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • I'm so happy for you!!!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Congrats!! Enjoy having your whole fam together!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"