Colorado Babies

Introductions and GTKY

Hey all. Thought it would be fun to do some introductions and a quick get to know you so we can try to get this board active again. I would definitely like to get to know other Colorado moms and I think there are a few of us out there who feel the same.

So...let's start with a quick intro/GTKY. Maybe where you live in Colorado, when your due date is (or how old your LO is now), and what your favorite thing to do in CO is?  

Re: Introductions and GTKY

• I'll start. We live in Thornton (north of Denver) and I work in downtown Denver. We're due with our first on the 13th of May, and since moving to Colorado, I'd say my favorite thing to do here is go hiking in the mountains. The scenery is so beautiful and it takes my breath away every time. 

• We live in Littleton and we've only been here for about 2 months. My H works in the DTC area while I stay home with our 2 girls - Penelope is 2 and Layla is 7 months. So far the only thing we've done is go hiking on the warm days and sledding on the snow days! We're planning on doing Dinosaur Ridge this weekend since it's supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!  I'm Anna and I'm 27.  My husband and I moved from Alabama in April 2012.  We are expecting our first baby this April.  It's a girl. :)  We live in Littleton and I work in DTC.  I would love to meet other new or soon-to-be moms since we did not know anyone before we moved out here. 
    ~Anna BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • Hello!  I love in Golden and first baby is due May 31st.  Not sure what my favortire thing to do in Colorado is but in general, I enjoy hiking, cooking, and would like to get into biking again.
  • Hi all,

We live in thornton and I have a 6 mo old dd and also a dd that turned 2 in december. I have been a stahm mom since dd1 and enjoy it. Good luck on all your pregnancies. We are done with kids..I love my girls!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Where in Littleton do you live? Have fun this weekend! The weather was beautiful today!

• I'm Katie, and I live in Morrison, very close to Littleton. I'm SAHM to my one year old boy, Brooks, and I watch my three month old nephew as well. I have lived here my whole life, and love everything about CO. I love that it was 15 degrees on Monday and was close to 60 today. I was out in my t-shirt today!
  • imageSurely Funke:
    We live in Littleton and we've only been here for about 2 months. My H works in the DTC area while I stay home with our 2 girls - Penelope is 2 and Layla is 7 months. So far the only thing we've done is go hiking on the warm days and sledding on the snow days! We're planning on doing Dinosaur Ridge this weekend since it's supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow.

Oooh nice. I've lived here for almost 3 years now and still haven't been to Dinosaur Ridge! We usually end up going to places where we can bring our dogs with us.

• imageLtlsktl30:
    Hi all, We live in thornton and I have a 6 mo old dd and also a dd that turned 2 in december. I have been a stahm mom since dd1 and enjoy it. Good luck on all your pregnancies. We are done with kids..I love my girls!

Yay! Another Thornton mom!

• imagekatiejanie26:

Where in Littleton do you live? Have fun this weekend! The weather was beautiful today!

We live near the Aspen Grove mall. Today was gorgeous, but we ended up just running errands, one of which was to get a baby backpack carrier for hiking Dinosaur Ridge tomorrow! I had been using the Bjorn, but I almost fell hiking Red Rocks because I couldn't see my feet. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

• imageLtlsktl30:
    I have a 6 mo old dd and also a dd that turned 2 in december.

Our girls are the same age with 1 month difference. My oldest turned 2 in Nov and the baby's 7 months. Neato! :)

When I was pregnant, I was dreading having them so close together in age, but to see them play together and see the sisterly bond, it melts my heart! 

• imageSurely Funke:
    imagekatiejanie26:

Where in Littleton do you live? Have fun this weekend! The weather was beautiful today!

We live near the Aspen Grove mall. Today was gorgeous, but we ended up just running errands, one of which was to get a baby backpack carrier for hiking Dinosaur Ridge tomorrow! I had been using the Bjorn, but I almost fell hiking Red Rocks because I couldn't see my feet. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

That's crazy, I was at Aspen Grove today! How was your hike?
  • Hi everyone!  I'm 38 pregnant and with my second child (MH's first child).  My DS is 14 years old.  We moved here to Colorado Springs almost 3 years ago from Texas.  I am due May 7th.  Moving to Colorado was the best thing ever.  We love pretty much everything about it here.  We love hiking, the gorgeous views of the mountains and awesome sunrises/sunsets every day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hello I'm Christine 26yrs old expecting our first in September. Living in Parker, work in Lakewood. Since moving here Augest 2011 we love anything to do with the outdoors epically skiing. Sounds like you guys have some great tips/places to go. I don't have many girl friends since moving most are either settled or without children. I would be nice to connect with other moms.
  • Hello ladies

I am new to the forum group. My third and a surprise child is due in July. We live in Aurora in the Mission Viejo area and I am thrilled with living here. For a while we moved from Aurora to Overseas due to my husbands work IT. My daughter is 6 1/2, and my son is 18 months.

I excited to be able to swap tips, stories, advice maybe even meet up with other Moms.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • Hi ladies! My name is Amy. I live in Highlands Ranch which is close to Littleton. We are expecting our first boy in July! We love hiking and riding our bikes to downtown Littleton in the summer to get breakfast. Cant wait to pull a LO behind! If you haven't checked out 5280 restaurant week, it's one of my favorite events of the year!
  • Hi ALL!! 

I'm Karrie, 33, due with my 2nd, my DD is 2 years and a spicy little one haha, we are a military family, and live in the Springs, I am due in September, and hubby deploys sometime in October..... goody lol :-/

I really like it here so far, but am also missing home.... trying to get out a little more lol.   I work in retail, but when hubby leaves i will be a SAHM bc we def wont be able to afford two kids in full time daycare!!

Nice to meet you all!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageamylianne:
    Hi ladies! My name is Amy. I live in Highlands Ranch which is close to Littleton. We are expecting our first boy in July! We love hiking and riding our bikes to downtown Littleton in the summer to get breakfast. Cant wait to pull a LO behind! If you haven't checked out 5280 restaurant week, it's one of my favorite events of the year!

A. Congrats! B. I LOVE downtown Littleton. and C. Denver Restaurant Week is one of my faves too! Which restaurants are you going to this year?
  • Aloha ladies!

My name is Kalei (Kuh-lay) I'm 31 and I live in northern Colorado Springs. My honey Kyle and I are expecting our first baby girl on our 1 year anniversary- April 9th! We have decided to name her Kiya :)

I also have an eight year old little girl named Makenzie and Kyle has a six year nephew named Carter, who we help his parents take care of.

My favorite thing to do in Colorado would definitely be the hiking, as well as singing karaoke at the local dives here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hello ladies ...

I just found this board. Looks like most of you are in the Denver metro.

I live in the tiny town of Buena Vista. I am due April 20th with my surprise 4th baby. I have an 11 y/o DS, 7 y/o DS and a 3 y/o DD. Number 4 is another GIRL!!

I love everything about CO but right now I am really missing snowboarding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live in the Columbine Hills area.  We go to Aspen Grove all the time!
    ~Anna BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"