Postpartum Depression
Options

Birth control help with ppd?

I had some ppd with DS, and was on sertraline for about 2 months. It did help. I felt better and we decided to ttc. I probably should have stayed on a bit longer. I have been on a hormonal roller coaster for 2 years now. Not constantly, but I m up and down a lot. Needless to say I want to be prepared for when Ds2 comes (I didn't identify ppd until 4 months pp). My question is will Nuva ring or pill help with ppd? I definitely want to get on some form of realistic contraception, but I don't think I can do both, right?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Birth control help with ppd?

• Options
    I also am dealing with PPD.  Just know that ANY hormonal contraceptive can make depression worse.  you definitely don't want to do both pill and ring.  They do the same thing with the same hormones.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imageprincessyetz:
    I also am dealing with PPD.  Just know that ANY hormonal contraceptive can make depression worse.  you definitely don't want to do both pill and ring.  They do the same thing with the same hormones.

oh sorry! By both I mean oral contraceptives and SSRI. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My OB put me on LoLoestrin and Zoloft at the same time.  I am on the max dose of Zoloft and still wasn't getting any relief.  SO he said the Pill will help with the hormone let down a lot faster.  I was ok with this since I am no BF'ing and I don't ever want to be pregnant again.  So far it is working but I still have my days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"