Indiana Babies

Wanting opinions on the name Major

Hello,

I am pregnant with our third baby boy and we are having the hardest time agreeing on a name. My other two boys' are name Marshall( age 27 months)and Maddox( 13 months). I like differant names that you dont hear every day. My husband is really set on the name Major. I like the name, but I am not getting a lot of great feedback from other people. I think it is a strong name and the third and final baby needs to have a strong name, but other people's comment are making me unsure.

Re: Wanting opinions on the name Major

• I'm not a fan.  It makes me think of a military or police title, which is what it is really.  Major Anylastname sounds like a title, not a name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the previous poster...it's a little too militaristic for me.  I'm also thinking of mean kids who will turn it into "ugh, you're such a major ____."  Good luck deciding on a name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageebd08:
    I agree with the previous poster...it's a little too militaristic for me.  I'm also thinking of mean kids who will turn it into "ugh, you're such a major ____."  Good luck deciding on a name!

I agree with the last part... being named Major sets up for all sorts of problems with kids... Major (insert negative term here).

• If we have a boy We are thinking about naming our kid Sargent Alexander M. We are calling him SAM. So I like the name Major. I have learned to ignore people opinions and go with a name you all like.
  • I sort of disagree with previous post. From experience with an odd name growing up, kids can come up with some of the most off the wall things to bully with. As an adult, if you can come up with things that may be hurtful, just think about what a kid can come up with their wild imaginations. I think you should choose a name you like, but be mindful of how that name will affect your child growing up. Not every kid can just let name calling roll off their shoulders.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"