Preemies

Paige is home!

:) 

We roomed in on Tuesday night (and slept all of 90 minutes...we spent all of her sleeping moments watching her breathe), and last night got oodles of sleep...she slept like a CHAMP, and that Angelcare Monitor Deluxe is a god-send. I thought it was overkill, but my husband insisted, and I'm SO glad he did!

She's consistently taking 140%+ of the 12-hour minimums they want her to hit by mouth, so suffice it to say, if she yanks the feeding tube, it's not going back in. :)

Her sister is set to be discharged on Monday (!!!), coming home both on oxygen (just 0.1L while we max out her feeds -- then we'll start weaning that), and an NG tube -- she's still only 30-40% by mouth (a considerable improvement from the 10% just over a week ago), but is doing well enough for them to let her come home! Hopefully a quieter environment and consistent feeders will really help her take off in the coming weeks. 

So, now we're officially on lock-down -- literally the only people allowed to visit are my parents (they're alternating helping with day and night shift with us, thank GOD!), and my brother (only occasionally). It's kind of nice not having to pack these ladies up to leave the house for any reason other than Dr Appts! 
TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Paige is home!

• Congratulations!

What wonderful news! 

• Congrats!
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • congrats!   It sounds like they are making exceptional progress... Im sure that will get even better at home!  
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Yay!  So happy for you.  I hope sister follows behind very soon.  Enjoy snuggling those two at HOME!
  • Congrats! How exciting, I hope her sister is soon to follow!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • congrats!!
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • Awesome!! Hope she is able to wean off the oxygen and the NG tube soon!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Fantastic news! Congratulations! I hope her sister gets to come home on Monday. Enjoy your little girls!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"