Pre-School and Daycare

Is it possible to do 3 RF car seats in a row?

Anyone do this?

My 3.5 yr old is still rear-facing as well as my 20 month old. I'm just not ready to turn my little preschooler around especially since she's very petite (29 lbs.)

Baby #3 will be here soon and I have to figure out a configuration that will work because it seems impossible.

Anyone pulled this off successfully? 

"If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful."
SAHM to two sweet girls, both born at home; Baby #3 in 2013!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Is it possible to do 3 RF car seats in a row?

• I definitely know of people who have done it even in small cars. One woman on car-seat.org had 3 RF across her toyota corolla even. I would head over there and ask around with your kids stats and your vehicle because some people over there will likely know what will work best in your car.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How tall are you? I would think the only real obstacle would be to find a seat that fits rfing behind the driver.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • The Radian (Diono) will fit three across easily, but they also sit very far back when RFing, so they may not fit in your car.  I would try before you buy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had 2 graco infant seats(1 snug ride and 1 safeseat)  and a radian RF.

Then I had 2 radians and a Boulevard RF.  

I have a Ford Edge.  I agree, the right combo makes the difference.  2 months before the twins were born I had the freak out and had to beg, borrow and steal to figure out how to do it.  The police who initially inspected swore it couldn't be done- I started with the Gracos and Boulevard and they said I had to turn DD FF (17 months and 18 lbs).  Just keep trying! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You could try something like the Snugride 30 and 2 Safety 1st Guide 65s. They are narrow and should work for both your older children. Then, you should be able to get a 3rd guide to fit in there later on. The Guide gets most kids to booster age, so eventually you should have no problem getting 2 guides and a narrow booster in there. The Guide just doesn't fit newbies well, so you'd definitely have to have an infant seat first.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"